Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Piaggio introduces the new Avanti P180 EVO.

Airborne_Again wrote:

What does that mean? Altimeter calibration data?

Basically, yes.

I don’t think there was much of MCDU in these first generation ones, so in many ways they’re easier to upgrade. It just had a very basic ProLine CRT displays and the rest was pretty much analog. The later Avanti II with ProLine PL21, is less upgradeable. Not sure you can even do it. There’s you’re stuck with Collins $130K bill to upgrade to ADSB.

My understanding was that this

is the first layout of the Piaggio and that has a MCDU to feed in flightplan and stuff. Or is there also a difference between Avanti and Avanti II avionics? Was there an even older version before that only had VOR navigation?

@Peter: It seems that there is also an EASA STC at least for the GTN750

Last Edited by TobiBS at 09 Feb 10:25
P19 EDFE EDVE EDDS

You might be right. The Avanti had ProLine II system, which has a small FMS. That unit was removed in the aircraft I flew and replaced partially with a Garmin control panel that controlled the TXi’s (as I recall – we set altitudes and baros on it). The other half was now used as a iPhone storage

The later Avanti II with ProLine PL21, is less upgradeable. Not sure you can even do it. There’s you’re stuck with Collins $130K bill to upgrade to ADSB.

It seems that the Avidyne Atlas (https://www.avidyne.com/product/avidyne-atlas-2/) mentioned in the other threads here on EuroGA is an option to upgrade the Proline 21:

Avidyne GPS Legacy Avionics Support (GLAS) provides a direct interface to legacy Collins Proline 21 and Honeywell Primus EFIS systems for vertical guidance during approach operations.

And it seems this includes ADSB:

Unlike traditional text-only FMS displays, the Avidyne Atlas provides a large, full-color moving map display with pilot-selectable overlays of NAVAIDS, Intersections, Airways, plus ADS-B or on-board weather and traffic.

Last Edited by TobiBS at 10 Feb 07:12
P19 EDFE EDVE EDDS
54 Posts
Sign in to add your message