Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Pilot Magazines

Medres07 wrote:

Has anyone subscribed to an GA-aviation specific magazine? What would you recommend? What are the prices? Do you choose an American or European magazine?

By membership I am “subscruber” of Sport Aviation (EAA) and Flynytt (NLF, local magazine here), and also Kitplanes. Long ago I subscribed to the UK Pilot Magazine, but after 2-3 years you have read it all.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

editorial in which their editor in chief ranted about internet pilot forums. :)

Did he now? That must have been after he got bodily expelled from one of those after posing as a Cirrus driving woman…. Hillarious to watch how people “fell” for that imposter but at the same time a very stupid thing to do for someone like that….

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Are you referring to that TB10 owner writing on PUF under Sabine Behrle? I heard that the whole of German GA knew who it was. We briefly had a “Vanessa Cardigan”, referenced here It isn’t possible to write any substantial amount under a fake name for any length of time without it being obvious… Hence she blew her cover with her first substantive (and extremely offensive) post. However some mags do it openly, using names like Tad Higher, Phil Space, etc and that’s quite funny

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Are you referring to that TB10 owner writing on PUF under Sabine Behrle? I heard that the whole of German GA knew who it was

Yes. I don’t think that it was known who it was before “her” cover was blown but it became quite a story when it did.

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Yes. I don’t think that it was known who it was before “her” cover was blown but it became quite a story when it did.

More like this?

ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Which are the best and worst, and why?

albeit only in German, Pilot und Flugzeug has some really good and well researched technical articles, as well as some very thorough accident analysis articles. It sometimes is a bit too aggressive towards German authorities for my taste, but regardless of that they do know what they’re talking about.

LEBL, Spain

Have always enjoyed Pilot, a lot of history and covers a reasonable range of interesting types.

Flying seems to have become some form of promoted content.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I read “Flynytt”, a Norwegian magazine GA magazine. Then EAA Sport Aviation and an online subscription of Kitplanes. I have also grown more and more found if ByDanJonson online “magazine” or blog or whatever it is.

ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

P&F for me too, I am subscriber (and used to contribute many years ago) since the very start.

Currently I also get the Flying mag (US) courtesy of meeting Pia Bergquist a while ago, who has moved on to fly airlines, now Jolie Lucas writes there from time to time. I find it a quite good mag too, if of little relevance for Europe but plenty of good write ups on airplanes and avionics

Sign in to add your message