Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Piper 28 Archer III, Entegra EX5000 and CHT monitoring

HI. I’m wondering if someone have PA28 Archer with EX5000 grasscockpit and 4x CHT display on MFD?
I was told that it’s not possible (only EGT) but in Cirrus the same EX5000 is able to display CHT also.

EPKZ

I have an Arrow with EX5000 and also only the 4x EGT on the MFD. Annoying not to also have CHT, as in the Cirrus setup.

If you investigate….please post findings. Very interested in having CHT as well (panel is full, no room for more dials and should be integrated of course).

ESOW, Sweden

The reason must be in a different DAU, “Data Aquisition unit”. That’s the interface between the sensors on the engine and the EX5000 MFD. It is also possible that the Piper installation uses a different software version. I would send Avidyne an eMail or visit their customer forum. Look for a guy called “Avijake” and ask him (Steve Jacobsen).

Can it be that the Lycoming in your Archer only has 1 CHT sensor total, while the Cirrus’ Continental has 1 CHT sensor per cylinder?

ESMK, Sweden

Arne wrote:

Can it be that the Lycoming in your Archer only has 1 CHT sensor total, while the Cirrus’ Continental has 1 CHT sensor per cylinder?

Our club Archer III doesn’t have any CHT display at all, just the 4 EGTs on the EX5000…..

EDL*, Germany
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message