Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Plan B: VFR to Croatia Easter 2019

Hehe… alright.

Just one last question: How do I pay on the airfields? Do I have to pay cash or do they accept credit cards?

Thanks for your help!

EDSO, Germany

Yugoslavia is very modern

Great service with a smile and at the airports everything works.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I was just wondering because in the last few months the pilot reports for Losinj seemed to get worse and worse… too expensive, unfriendly and things like that. That’s why I was wondering.

EDSO, Germany

Sure; it isn’t a €10 airport; none of these are. But in the context of burning avgas to actually fly somewhere nice, the cost is not significant.

In any case, they all speak good English. Nobody expects you to learn Croatian So you can just phone them up and ask for prices.

It would be interesting what those reports actually said. I go there regularly since about 2006 and never saw anything like that. Feel free to let me know by PM; I have heard some stories too, from the airports.

Administrator

Hi Peter,

sorry I didn’t answer until now, I will coming back to you. Just to say that I arrived in Lošinj, what a beautiful place! We will be staying in the Mare Mare Suites and perhaps stay there for two or three nights…

Thanks to you all for your help!

EDIT: Btw… landing fees below 1 ton 25 Euros and parking per night 10 Euros… that’s really more than fair! And very friendly folks!

Last Edited by TobiasM at 19 Apr 12:24
EDSO, Germany

Mare Mare Suites are really nice. Very hard to find vacancies there, except at this early time of the year. Enjoy

Re LDLO, I am told that some pilots got p1ssed off because it used to cost €20 and now costs €50 and there is no AOPA discount.

Administrator

Yeah, we were lucky to get the last room there. We will stay here until Monday and use it as our home base. The staff really is super friendly, I’m completely impressed :)

EDSO, Germany

Mare Mare Suites is really great. The problem in Mali Losinj; once this is booked, you have pretty much run out of good places to stay.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

That’s not been my experience over more than 10 years. Just get onto booking.com… Airb&b works less well on Losinj especially in the season, with hosts holding out for longer bookings than a few days. On our really great 2014 fly-in we all stayed at the Hotel Apoksiomen which was usually available.

Mare Mare is high quality but not cheap and is booked solidly during the season.

My general “people experience” in Croatia is close to 100%, which is way better than in much of Europe, and only Greece beats it (once you get away from their crazy airport “management”).

Administrator

What time did you arrive Thomas? There was one German plane on final a C172, when we were number 2 for RWY17. Was that you guys? You had already gone when we were down? We landed just before 12 local.

Last Edited by LFHNflightstudent at 19 Apr 17:13
LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France
Sign in to add your message