Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Planning my Balkan Trip: question about schengen customs in Italy

Hey everyone,

Planning a 9 day trip starting from EDTG in Germany and proceeding via Portoroz – Brac – Sarajevo – Skopje – Salerno – Elba and back to EDTG. We’ll have to do customs at Portoroz when leaving the Schengen zone to Brac.. but on the way from Skopje to Italy (Salerno) I need a schengen entry point am I right? Any advise on a suitable entry point in Italy with Schengen customs when arriving via Brindisi FIR?
thanks!
Baris

Switzerland

Salerno should have customs. Otherwise Bari.

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

on the way from Skopje to Italy (Salerno) I need a schengen entry point am I right?

Yes you need an airport with Immigration and Customs for both leaving the schengen zone and returning to it (Macedonia is non EU). Italy has quite a few; check the AIP for the conveniently placed ones. Avgas is harder…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You can try with Foggia (LIBF).
It’s a small airport north of Bari and has Customs and AVGAS (according to AIP).
Never been there, but it should be a small and cool airport. So you can avoid all the crown in Bari or Brindisi.

LILV, Italy

If you want to go to Salerno anyway, it makes zero sense to make an intermediate stop to clear customs/immigration. Do it at Salerno.

But do get PPR at least 48h in advance, as per the AIP. That is the single most important thing to do when flying to „airports“ is Italy.

Oh, and I see there is some weird NOTAM, saying, as I understand it, that parking is restriced to max 48 hours. Sounds strange, but in Italy you never know…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message