Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Please don't remove the blank line after the < /blockquote >

Jujupilote wrote:

Just a quick question : I want to make night circuits tonight and I wanted to try one of our 172 which got an overhauled engine (O-320) in November 2018 (I plan to use it for my big trips his year like Venice). Just checked and it only did 25 hours since overhaul.
On terms of engine break-in, I guess from this thread that circuits is not ideal for an engine this  young . Is that true ?
Not that my club gives a damn about it but I do.

REMOVING THIS LINE, and not replacing it with a blank line, causes some (not all) blank lines below to be collapsed.
On 25 hours it most probably still has the special break-in oil and I would rather not do circuits with it. Read the engine break-in instructions, i.e. this version from Scan http://www.nsf.se/documents/EngineBreakeIn.pdf and decide for yourself.

Btw, the failure rate of aircraft engines is highest up to about 200-300 hours after overhaul with maximum at somewhere 100-150 hours flown.

I suspect some of the occurrences are indeed manufacturing or overhaul glitches with the mechanical parts, by there may also be a part related to bad break-in procedures.

Did you check the Aircraft File records by whom and how the initial break-in was flown? What is current oil consumption? There should be a report on at least the first 3-5 hours on power settings and durations flown (see break-in instructions), at least if the shop was doing that (as is advisable for clubs to make sure the initial is done correct).

( local copy )

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

rds by whom and how the i

more stuff

yet more stuff

more more stuff

more more more stuff

Administrator

Peter wrote:

and not replacing it with a blank line

line 1
line 2
line 2

Peter wrote:

line 1
line 2
line 2

Peter wrote:

line 1
line 2
line 2

Administrator

Peter wrote:

line 1

line 2

line 3

line 4

line 5

Administrator

Now testing the bq version

this is a quote

line 1

line 2

line 3

this is a quote
line 1

line 2

line 3

No, that works absolutely as expected. The bq. paragraph must have a blank line after it otherwise the quoted text just eats the next line. This is as expected.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

line 1

line 2

line 3

line 4

line 5

Administrator

The above was produced by this text:

Administrator

wrote

quoted text

line 1
blah blah blah blah

line 2
blah blah blah blah

line 3
blah blah blah blah

line 4
blah blah blah blah

line 5
blah blah blah blah

The blank line after “wrote” is what really controls the problem.

Administrator

This was described here but most people don’t visit the IT/Website section.

The block quoting feature automatically inserts a blank line there but somehow some people manage to strip it out. This then causes strange spacing of text below the quote.

I suspect that on some devices the blank line is getting selected (highlighted) and then the whole selected section gets deleted when one starts typing.

A software fix at the server is too complicated to do right now.

Thank you

Administrator

Peter wrote:

This was described here but most people don’t visit the IT/Website section.

The block quoting feature automatically inserts a blank line there but somehow some people manage to strip it out. This then causes strange spacing of text below the quote.

A software fix at the server is too complicated to do right now.

Wilco Roger Affirm Checked ;)

Last Edited by Snoopy at 18 Mar 19:35
always learning
LO__, Austria
30 Posts
Sign in to add your message