Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Polish registration outside Poland

Hello all,

Does anyone have experience with an SP-registered airplane (think Yak, Sukhoi…) based outside of Poland? Any restrictions, anything to watch out for, maintenance, communication with the Polish authorities?

Thanks!

Life is not a dress rehearsal, it is ...
EBGB KGAI, Belgium

For gliders, SP-reg is very more common, no idea about powered airplanes but I know this YaK12 was sold in Poland in 2019 and moved to the UK, now it is based at Peterborough & Spalding Gliding Club (Crowland), now it is sold as equity shares, it is used for glider tugging and “slow touring” around Europe and some people seems happy about it but not sure about the details…

https://www.plane4you.eu/pl/oferty/jak-12m-sp-aab,187

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

We have many Polish pilots here on EuroGA, so either they are not flying and posting, or there are no issues worth a mention

For a certified aircraft, surely this should be like for any other, operated under EASA Part M.

For a uncertified aircraft (homebuilt, etc) the answer will be very different because every country does it differently. Isn’t a Yak Annex 1?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’d say there’s nothing special about them. They don’t have too many planes or pilots to deal with, so things may get done a little quicker than in UK or Germany. That’s from my personal experience when I had my license in the CAA and also what my German CAMO tells me when they deal with ULC compared to LBA.

LPFR, Poland
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message