Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Portoroz LJPZ (Piran) Meet-up 5-7 Sep 2015

Airbnb made my last trip to Spain just great: landed to Granada, spent 2 days there, then to Cordoba for 2 days, Sevilla 2 days, Cadiz 1 day, Algeciras 1 day and Carcassonne 1 day on way back to Zagreb. Total bill for accomodation €450 – all appartments were great, spacy, nicely furnished …

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

The only drawback of AirB&B is that a lot of your bookings get refused.

The most I have seen is two out of three in rapid succession.

In practice it’s OK because there are usually lots more to choose from. But it does tend to suggest that if you were booking during some high profile event (during which the vendor would expect to make extra easy cash) you might get booted off if you booked say 2 nights in the middle of a 5-night event and he didn’t know about the event at the time you booked it. A hotel would not do that.

That said, I do everything on AirB&B. You get so much more… especially in places where hotels are really basic no matter how much you pay (much of southern Europe, outside major cities).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

That mostly depends on your ratings and profile. Ever since I watched “catch me if you can”, I indicate that I’m a pilot

Peter wrote:

The number of refusals I got so far equals zero from some 20 booking I’ve done. And I’ve booked accomodations from 1 to 5 days usually 1 to 3 days in advance.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I guess you have a longer history. The properly owners might take a look at the renter and decide they don’t like him, or whatever. It could be anything… political background from years ago (Czechoslovakia), you name it.

I have the timezone set to USA east coast and it refuses to accept the correct value, but the rest of my profile is correct. Birthday is very slightly off, for fairly obvious reasons

Administrator

Some of us have just booked an apartment at Piran (which seems to be where everybody else will be staying too). There are not so many of them so don’t leave it too late… This is nights of 4,5,6 Sep so it gives a bit of leeway on the wx.

Then Brac for nights of 7,8 Sep, which should be really nice even for those who fly back home from Brac. A fly-in with not one location but two, one of which is a really nice island!

Administrator

It has become apparent that a % of people who have received the last mailing on the fly-in got a truncated version.

The truncation happened at the € symbol and happens mostly with Outlook and other Microsoft email software e.g. the WP email app on Windows phones.

You didn’t miss anything that wasn’t in the last mailing on the fly-in but apologies!

Administrator

Hello,
This is my first post on this forum.
I am based in Liège Belgium (EBLG) and I fly a Diamond DA40 180 G1000 (N446DC).
I am interested by this fly-in and I plan to join Portorosz on sept 4. Probably would make it to Brac too but don’t know yet about Athens.
I have never been in this area. I plan to fly IFR from EBLG to Straubing for a fuel stop and then VFR to Portorosz.
Any advice about this plan ? Would it be better to fly Innsbruck ?

Jean
EBST, Belgium

Hi Jean,
Straubing and then on to LJPZ is perfectly fine. You’ll find information on crossing the Austrian Alps in this thread.

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

There’s also a lot of good advice on this thread regarding the Austrian Alps.

Last Edited by Patrick at 12 Aug 15:29
Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany
Sign in to add your message