Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Portoroz LJPZ (Piran) Meet-up 5-7 Sep 2015

Thank you, I will check these threads.

Jean
EBST, Belgium

Hi Jean, welcome and your plan sounds fine.
The easiest way to do the Alp crossing VFR is to follow the published GAFOR routes. Skydemon depicts them on the map, together with the weather color code. So you can easily check whether the route is open or not.

You can also cross the Alps IFR below FL100 but you need to cross further down East, via Linz – Graz.

Over the next few days, I will do a final mailing to remind everyone of this forthcoming EuroGA meet-up.

The mailing will go only to people who have logged in within the past year. This is to reduce the chance of somebody reporting the email(s) as spam.

I think, given the weather we are getting now, a lot of people are going to be looking forward to this trip

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I for one am really looking forward to it

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Here is one fresh from Piran :-)

Last Edited by ermajn at 27 Aug 18:22
LQVI,LJMB

Thinking about coming, but the only option could be with kids…
As I can see Portoroz looks like a better option than Piran in terms of beaches/ places for swimming?
Anyone going for a fly-in with kids, btw…?

EP..

The Hotel Fiesa is just a nice 20 minute beach walk from Piran and would be perfect for you and your kids as long as your gastronomical expectations are not high. It’s three star rating is accurate.

Forever learning
EGTB

If you want to eat well, go to Piran, specifically “Ivo’s” and get a fresh, oven-baked gilthead…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 27 Aug 21:20
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I am very much looking forward to it, and to meeting some new people who didn’t make the previous ones and who will be there

That fish looks 10/10.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’ve not decided but as I’m looking for a “mission” for the C182 (so far, I’ve only done the differences training and a lot of pratice circuits in it) and the first weekend of September is suddenly freeing up a bit in terms of other obligations, I’m very much considering coming from EDLP.

That would be only Portoroz – no time unfortunately for Brac (which I found lovely last year) and Greece.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany
Sign in to add your message