Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Portoroz LJPZ (Piran) Meet-up 5-7 Sep 2015

My final report on this trip, which was continued to Greece, is here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Actually Im not sure that is the case. It would not be round like that in my opinion. More probably an extinct volcano or possibly a meteor crater. However if the latter Im surprised it was not mentioned so its probably not.

Last Edited by C210_Flyer at 27 Sep 07:50
KHTO, LHTL

Peter, I know this formation from my flights over the French Alps. It is situated north-northwest of Sisteron and called La Montagne de Saint-Genis. In geology the term Synclinal Formation describes it the best. You find a description under "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syncline

For French speaking enthusiasts:

http://www.geol-alp.uiad.fr/devoluy/lieux_bochaine_sud/st_genis.html

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montagne_de_Saint-Genis

Last Edited by nobbi at 26 Sep 23:04
EDxx, Germany

Does anyone know the way this feature (s. France) was formed?

Or is it just a geological coincidence?

Here is one from the Pyrenees

Administrator

Not picking on the people at Split specifically. Im writing in general terms about most airports worldwide and most govt paid employees. The vast majority are employed in make work programs. But thats only my opinion. Yes there are exceptions.

I just think most of the managers dont realize what they could be capable of, so they can never reach their full potential.

KHTO, LHTL

In the UK, most movement limits at GA airfields are local government imposed agreements – a condition of the planning permission to operate the airfield.

I have landed at Split once, in 2009. They were really good. The refuelling was done on the main apron but I had to abandon the plane there and get Easyjet back (a few days of bad wx) and they wanted me to park on the tiny GA apron which is next to the runway. They had earlier quoted me the total cost incorrectly (too low) and when I came back to collect the plane some days later, they honoured the lower figure, even though the difference was quite trivial and I offered to pay the higher figure.

Administrator

unions who define how much their members may work

No, that is southern Europe.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

No, it is not true that Split airport does not “want” us.

I have flown there from 1996 and it was always very enjoyable. The airport is pretty small and so is the general aviation ramp. The two times i was there this year it was always full. But I always got the PPR if I sent eMail a week before.

Also nobody ever had an arrogant attitude there, they were always just very friendly.

General aviation simply does not have the tradition and importance in some countries. And how could it have a tradition or an active flying scene if the average income is € 800. And yet Croatia is very different from Greece – where bureaucracy is overwhelming and where every guy with a microphone feels like a general.

Peter wrote:

Climbing FL210

Your TB20 has the single-engine climb performance of a DA42 at MTOW at sea level!

LFPT, LFPN

C210_Flyer wrote:

Why do you need PPR because of parking limitations only to arrive at a deserted ramp? Its all about mental attitude. If I get the same paycheck if one plane arrives or 100 why would I want the latter? I would just have to work harder. So if I have the ability to decrease the numbers why not? And so they do.

Yep.

70 movements per day means less than 10 per hour if one takes 12 hours as the active time, even less if it’s a 24 hours airport.

And parking restrictions for small planes is a joke, or if you prefer an outright fraud in most cases. I realize there are some which are so extremely tight that they indeed have such problems, but the overwhelming part are not. There, it is simply the attitude : Today we have real airplanes, so stay away with your toys. Never mind that all they have to do with the “toys” is write a bill and maybe fill in a statistic. They still don’t want them. Disgusting.

airways wrote:

In Western-Europe if an airport had a limit on the total of movements you can bet your house that this is due to the pressure of airport nuisance commitees upon politicians

Or maybe unions who define how much their members may work?

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
276 Posts
Sign in to add your message