Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

PPL and making a living as a youtuber (and YT advertising policies)

BackPacker wrote:

And I’d get as much memory and SSD as the manufacturer can cram in a 13" laptop: at least 16 MB memory and 512 GB SSD

On the RAM (memory), you are a few generations late :) You probably meant 16GiB, not MB/MiB.

ELLX

Various video editing software/hardware threads – example.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’ve had a channel on YouTube since 2007, much longer than Pewds

I didn’t start it with the intention to make money, since back then it wasn’t even a thing, and I have mostly used it as a dump for videos when I want to share something with friends. There is no particular “theme” but for the last 5 years I have used it to upload aviation related content and thus changed its name to something aviation related.

For most of time I cannot remember having more than 30-60 subscribers. Just recently people have been getting there from posting videos on EuroGA every now and then, and the subscriber count has increased a bit, but nothing significant.

I used to be part of the YouTube partner program, back when 1000 subscribers were not required, but never earned a single eurocent on it.

According to YouTube people have watched my videos for 4900 hours, or 204 continuous days. What a waste of time! Funnily my most popular video is about a motorcycle exhaust and is recorded with a potato, they don’t seem to care about Vimeo-quality @Peter.

And btw, now that I have a CPL I expect to earn billions and billions on YouTube.

Last Edited by Dimme at 18 Jan 18:24
ESME, ESMS

In almost 10 years on YT, my videos have a total of 69,000+ views.
By far the most viewed was the airprox with a paraglider, 19,000+ views. Others with over 1000 views may be being used to sell holiday services. All my videos are free to use. One tourist site did ask permission. I doubt any would be used if they had to pay. Many others have only double figures of views. Several island and landing videos have had several hundred views.
If attracting views of flying videos for money is the aim, accidents or near accidents seem a good idea. Unfortunately they may also attract the attention of the XAA.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

If you want a decent flying video

United Kingdom

I take some passable wildlife photos. I also have a neighbour who is a top quality wildlife photographer who is among the best there are.

I wouldn’t swap incomes with him. I’d love some of his experience and don’t suppose he would swap either. But while I’m sure a few people make money out of videos, I wouldn’t expect to live off them.

One of my photos.

United Kingdom

@tomw, if that photo originates on high resolution, ie better than 4k and if you have many more of the same you probably could make a few pounds from them through photo libraries.

France

I have just realised how to get a lot of followers on Youtube…

It would take quite a long time to recover the cost of the surgery, in my case

Anyway, if you have a teenage boy who is struggling with maths…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It would take quite a long time to recover the cost of the surgery, in my case

:) :) :)

always learning
LO__, Austria

She is writing backwards on a piece of glass with her left hand. Unless there is some video editing where she flips the video, she deserves her followers!

ESME, ESMS
Sign in to add your message