Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Prague 24-28 July 2014?

It is possible I may be in Prague sometime during the above dates.

Anybody interested in meeting up?

This time I might try Vodochody – the place which doesn’t open when the owner doesn’t turn up

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I recently heard that the airport is now generally closed on weekends and requires (expensive) PPR for opening. Didn’t check official publications, though.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

We’ll be there probably on these dates

EVCA

I recently heard that the airport is now generally closed on weekends and requires (expensive) PPR for opening.

48hrs before during weekends for out of schengen flights official says
http://www.vodochodyairport.cz/cs/general-aviation/cenik-sluzeb/

pricelist valid from 1.12.2013 so probably valid today

Peter, are you interested in anything in Prague? I can help as local…

LKLT.LKBE

There it is:

Weekend and Public Holiday handling charge
1,000 CZK per each initiated ton of MTOW, minimum charge is 5,000 CZK (charge covers 2 hours – 1 hour before and after planned arrival or departure, any other initiated hour will be charged 2,000 CZK)

min 5,000

That’s 185 Euros for the weekend surcharge alone. What’s not clear is whether that handling charge applies in any case…

Anyway. Somehow, I don’t like how that airport comes across with their website.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 22 Jul 10:42
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

LKPR itself (the big one) is about €200 and there is zero hassle. No PPR, no PNR, H24-everything. You just file the flight plan and fly there. ILS on every runway, both ways, or almost…

If LKVO wants anywhere near €200 it is a complete waste of time.

There is more than one LKVO website. This one is under construction and appears to be Czech only.

The other option is Letnany LKLT (one website is here) which is OK but not IFR.

The 48hr PNR makes a weekend trip a bit tricky

Last Edited by Peter at 22 Jul 11:23
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The other option is Letnany LKLT ( … ) which is OK but not IFR.

But surely you can get an IFR “let-down” from the military at Kbely LKKB , literally just across the street? Then again, I hear the place is not perfectly OK, some nasty potholes in the runways apparently, and an English speaker at the AFIS station must be requested in advance. But I am ready to be corrected by the locals!

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Letnany is great, there are a lot of foreign aircraft every (sunny) day. I’ve been there multiple times and I would not choose any other airfield in Prague. Just file Letnany with LKPR as alternate and if the weather is not good enough, divert to the expensive airfield.

But surely you can get an IFR “let-down” from the military at Kbely LKKB , literally just across the street?

I know people who got it, but I am not 100% sure Kbely ATC is always happy to offer it.

Then again, I hear the place is not perfectly OK, some nasty potholes in the runways apparently, and an English speaker at the AFIS station must be requested in advance. But I am ready to be corrected by the locals!

LKLT is home to a colony of ground squirrels, but I haven’t seen any burrows directly on the runways. English AFIS is formally O/R, but like in Germany, most FISOs would speak passable English anyway. What’s important, LKLT has fairly strict noise abatement regulations with fines for non-compliance.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

I flew in to Vodochody in 2012.

Landing and parking for an SR22 from Friday to Tuesday was CKs 450 or about £15. I phoned for information before filing my flight plan and had no problem at all.

Last Edited by Jonzarno at 22 Jul 22:32
EGSC
38 Posts
Sign in to add your message