Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Premier 1A ride and pictorial.

Amazing report and pics Adam, it was a fantastic trip indeed.

Several notes :

• the type seems familiar after all Greg’s videos I watched
  • funny how each aircraft type has its club and its fans. And the type talks about the owner (tell me your plane, I’ll tell you who you are)
  • funny to see really the choices of the Beech engineers to make something different from the CJs. Every product is a compromise and every feature has a drawback. Different from some magazine reports
  • 10-day annual recurrent training ??? isn’t it huge for a private-and-busy owner ? Does it mean the type is known to be dangerous ?

Jujupilote wrote:

10-day annual recurrent training ??? isn’t it huge for a private-and-busy owner ? Does it mean the type is known to be dangerous ?

Would be really surprised if this was true. 525 type rating has a 16 day type rating with a 3 day recurrent each year.
EGTK Oxford

@JasonC it sounded a bit much, but this is FlightSafety we’re talking about, so maybe he’s right. They tend to have longer and more padded training, hence why they’re also the most expensive. When I checked on doing type training for Avanti with them, it was also something extreme like 10 days or something. I’ve never heard of a TP type that takes that long (as a comparison, my SimCom type training on the Commander was a 4-day initial).

If you went with in-plane training in the Premier 1A, it would probably be a little shorter.

Like someone once quipped about jets; “with all the yearly mandatory training and the time spent on that, they’re literally the slowest aircraft I’ve ever flown”.

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 02 Jun 04:23

Just found this on FlightSafety website:

Pretty much the same as other planes…

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Thanks @Romain. Makes sense

@AdamFrisch, once the initial is done, which is long but very comprehensive, the recurrents are only 3 days. The training is very comprehensive. Jets have a much better safety record than other GA types. There may be a correlation.

EGTK Oxford
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message