Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Premier 1A ride and pictorial.

I am almost certain that aircraft is stored at EDLN. Obviously there’s no registration visible in the ads but it certainly matches N390MB which has been sitting around outside since March at the very least.

EDLN/EDLF, Germany

That’s a Premier 1 vs a Premier 1A. And most likely not on an engine program, which is huge deal on a Williams-engined aircraft. Big difference.

That Premier 1 seems to be nearly impossible to sell, the updated advert sounds quite desperate.
https://www.planecheck.com/?ent=da&id=38271

planecheck_N_REG_38271_pdf

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

That Premier is the earlier 1 vs 1A. As I recall, they have some undesirable avionics that are not as easy to upgrade, if I recall correctly. I also bet at that price the engines are not caught up. And when it comes to Williams, that’s really bad news. You have to pay for every hour flown to catch up. That’s probably $500K right there. You can take your chances, but then Williams has you by the proverbial when it comes time for HSI.

I find this pair of Chinese Piaggios with 200 hours total time equally interesting.

LPFR, Poland

The price for this Premier 1 goes down and down but until it is ready to go you probably spend at least half a million or more on required upgrades etc.
https://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=38271 local copy

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Neil wrote:

I haven’t flown a Citation that doesn’t have lambswool seat covers up front, including very recent models (eg 2018)

Me neither, but nor have I ever flown a citation with lambswool seat cover either or of any other sort :-)

ENVA, Norway

HBadger wrote:

Why do the seats in the flight deck have lambfur cover? Seems so… 1970s :)

I haven’t flown a Citation that doesn’t have lambswool seat covers up front, including very recent models (eg 2018)

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Ibra wrote:

I think 250kts speed limit bellow FL100 still applies to civilian aircrafts,

The general 250 kt speed limit below FL100 only applies (for IFR) in airspace classes D, E, F, G. There may be local 250 kt speed limits for individual TMAs/SIDs/STARs.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Peter wrote:

One of the “delegates” of the Gasco course I did was a Premier 1 pilot at the time, so maybe this type should be avoided because it flies faster than ATC can issue clearances to join CAS

I think 250kts speed limit bellow FL100 still applies to civilian aircrafts, with no transponder at 400kts you get jet fighters
You can get exemption from that but you have to be on radar ATSU with a valid sqawk and special callsign

Last Edited by Ibra at 08 Oct 22:14
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
45 Posts
Sign in to add your message