Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Prop governor replacement at 5 years on G-reg SR22?

My CAMO tells me to replace the prop governor on my G-reg SR22 … after 5 years and about 500 hours.
This seems to be UK/CAA specific because all German SR22s can keep the original governor on condition.

Will the CAA accept to put the governor “on condition”? I really hate to burn € 1300 for a perfectly working component.

Put it on the ‘N’

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

I have no interest in N. I don’t want to maintain two licences (especially not since I have an EASA PPL/IR), and anyway. I also don’t want to be asked if the VAT was paid (in France) … And since I do more than the recommended maintenance, I wouldn’t save much money …

Ask for a reference.

Replacement is nonsense for G.

However I don’t know what chapter 4 in the SR22 MM contains.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I found it strange aswell, especially since the Governor was overhauled in 2012, after 6 years the last time (previous owner)… so why 5 years now? Makes no sense to me … (Airplane built 2006)

But it can be negotiated I guess, … my original fuel pump also stayed on condition, although they wanted to replace it.
I have contacted the CAMO …

Last Edited by at 18 May 07:53

Answer from CAMO:

- The governor has to overhauled or changed (of course I’d use an exchange unit) after 10 years.
- It’s a10 year “recommended item” in the SR22 MM.., the CAA interpretes that as mandatory
- The CAMO will check with the CAA and/or the manufacturer if an “extension” is possible, but they think the CAA will not allow that.
- Once ELA 2 is in operation we will immediately set up a self declared Maintenance Program

6 Posts
Sign in to add your message