Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Purchase of a plane in France

As some of you may remember I started a similar thread a few months ago when I saw a plane of interested that was sold in Hungary.
The new object of desire is now located in France and the “purchase game” will start all over again. Different country, different laws, different procedures.
Since I am not familiar with all of it I do have a several questions. I am aware that there is a good number of french pilots and plane owners here in the forum. It would be great if you could provide some information on the topics which I will list below:

-does an escrow service exist for such a transaction? if not, is there a similar service that can be used and helpful, e.g. lawyer or notary specialized in SEP purchase?

-is there a central register that can be accessed to check on a possible lien of rights?

-are there any forms available online that I could use to transfer the ownership to me and for me to keep the F registration here in Germany?

-do you know whether a form in the english language may exist for the contract of sale that can be found on the internet and used for this purchase?

-any additional information regarding all the above and the transaction in general is greatly appreciated. For example, can I check on a possbile accident history of that specific plane online?

Thanks in advance.

EDWF, Germany

Tigerflyer wrote:

-is there a central register that can be accessed to check on a possible lien of rights?

-are there any forms available online that I could use to transfer the ownership to me and for me to keep the F registration here in Germany?

-do you know whether a form in the english language may exist for the contract of sale that can be found on the internet and used for this purchase?

1) go to this website, enter the aircraft registration and then click on ‘recherché’. In the list that appears, click on the aircraft. This will show you the current registered owner. Click on ‘données juridiques’ to find the list of the previous owners, the date of transfer and, at the top, whether the plane has any mortgages or seizures on it (it just says oui if a mortgage, lien or seizure is in place, doesn’t give any further details.

2) I will look for you, we bought an F registered SR20, kept it’s registration simply because we didn’t see the point of paying €1250 plus MwSt to transfer it to the German register…..

3) we concluded the purchase agreement in english but the documentation which was sent to the DGAC was in french.

EDL*, Germany

Here is the link to the form for transferring the ownership from the current owner to the future owner. This link shows the instructions to complete it.

When we were purchasing the aircraft, we used google translate to complete it all, worked well, got the new registration back quickly…..

Last Edited by Steve6443 at 03 Sep 19:24
EDL*, Germany

Thanks for your info so far! I just checked the registration on your given website ( very helpful!!!). No entry of mortages or seizures.

EDWF, Germany

Did you see the airplane yet ?
Depending where he is based me or one of the french member might be able to check it…

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

No yet! We will meet on Friday at 10 o`clock. By the way, you got a PM by me

EDWF, Germany

Don’t want to start a new thread so I’ll tack this on here.

How long should I expect to wait to get my Cert of Registration back from Paris? They received the old one along with the relevant documentation about 8 days ago. I check the website each day and it’s still in the old owner’s name. I’m not in France…not sure if that adds to the time.

Thanks.

EIMH, Ireland

I’d give it another week before chasing it.

That said, you might check with th eon-line registry to see if it’s been put in the system : DGAC registre

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Yeah that’s the site I’ve been checking daily! I’ll wait a while and see. Thanks.

EIMH, Ireland

Took 21 days in my case last year.
Applied for from France by CAMO, but delivered in Germany.

EDM_, Germany
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message