Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Question database

Hello, I'm doing the written tests for the UK PPL, is there a question database that is really good to rehearse the questions ?

Also what would be the preferable order to take the exams ? Thanks.

YSS
EGBJ

I used a book called "PPL Confuser" which I found really helpful. It's a bit out of date now and no longer published unfortunately. I've heard good reports of a similar book called something like "PPL Cruiser". There is also airquiz.com - I've not used it but also heard good reports.

The normal route is to attack the air law exam first. That's because the school/club normally insists on the student passing that before allowing them to go solo, although I realise that won't apply to you. It's also the dullest exam IMHO so it's wise to get it out of the way. Navigation is a fairly lengthy exam so it'd also be good to get that out the way pretty early on. I don't expect you'll have too many problems with them though if you've already got your FAA PPL.

If you're cash rich but time poor (the opposite of most PPL students) you could consider ground school. There's a guy called Derek Davison that runs a ground school of which many people speak highly. Again, I have no experience of using him.

Fairoaks, United Kingdom

I found AirQuiz really good. Huge data bank of questions and excellent practise for the PPL written exams.

Not sure about this one as don't think it was around when I did my written papers but they have a demo test you can run.

EGBJ, EGBP, EGTW, EGVN, EGBS
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message