Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Quiberon LFEQ

Having overflown Quiberon many times on my way to Belle Isle I always thought it looked a lovely airfield in a beautiful location. So with a forecast of high pressure for the weekend over the South of England and Northern France we made an impromptu decision on Saturday morning to file VFR to Dinard for our Shengen clearance and then fly onto Quiberon. The weather was superb as we routed from Thruxton (EGHO) overhead Bournemouth at FL65, staying West of airway Q41 to cross the Channel Islands area with an immediate clearance from 50N direct to Dinard. After a very quick report to show our passports and pay the 7 Euro landing fee to the Fireman we were soon airborne for the 30 minute flight to Quiberon. We weren’t disappointed! The airfield is on Presque-isle (almost an island) and is run by the Aeroclub de Quiberon whose members gave us a very warm welcome. The single paved runway is 775m long and very smooth, the local parachuting club operate an Airvan whose pilot provided a quasi air traffic service. The airfield bar is just what we needed and after a couple of beers they organised our 15Euro taxi ride to our hotel in St Pierre, just 5kms up the coast. It would be hard to find as ideal a place to stay for a weekend, The Hotel de la Plage is highly recommended, lovely rooms overlooking the Baie de Quiberon and in a very quiet and peaceful location.
Now that Dinard and Deauville are the only entry (and exit) airfields from SW UK into France available without giving a day’s notice, destinations like Quiberon make a lot of sense to UK pilots.

Yep. In the right weather, it’s a fantastic place to relax.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I visited today, the first time around with full stop and stay, the hotels were fully packed due to July 14th holiday but otherwise the place was lovely and very convenient for someone who likes to walk or take the bus, I hate taxis after landing (also I hate removing babies car seats from aircraft )

I had to give Belle Iloise factory a skip but likely to visit it again

There is a regular summer bus service nearby,

Horse carts can be rented at the airport for a ride around, unlikely to hotel but surely not far away

I misread closing time for arrival, VAC seems to suggest 8pm LT (19h-1h+2h), I landed at 1958LT turns out it’s OK for arrivals until 9pm LT, nice place to enjoy the beach for 10€ landing & 10€ parking

Last Edited by Ibra at 16 Jul 21:17
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Looks like a wonderful place.

What is the difference between the two lists, both titled „parking“?

always learning
LO__, Austria

No idea, the second ones seems like membership for “based aircraft” on the reserved hard parking spots?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message