Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

single picture of a “local” LSZF-LSZF flight made yesterday. Down thru Italy and Milan, around Corsica, up thru France and Cannes, made some Alps sightseeing since in the mood

ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Is this restaurant at LFHN ? Looks very nice

LFOU, France

DeeCee57 wrote:

single picture of a “local” LSZF-LSZF flight made yesterday. Down thru Italy and Milan, around Corsica, up thru France and Cannes, made some Alps sightseeing since in the mood

Where is the photo taken?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Saw your nice flight on FR24, whilst following Peter across Northern Italy

That is Bonifacio.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

The nice lady at the Hôtel Les Roches Blanches in Porto-Vecchio wrote yesterday to tell me she hold payment as a credit indefinitely for a future stay, so I’ll be back to Bonifacio….

Thanks for the photo reminder!

about 10 years ago stayed 1 nite in the Santateresa hotel which is visible (tall building) next to the cemetery, top floor, view on the islands and Sardegna, fantastic experience. Fascinating place.

Just a pity that “L’île de la Beauté” gets threatened by locost flying and the invasion of cheap tourism… well, c’est la vie I guess

Last Edited by Dan at 29 May 16:12
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

I noticed on my last visit that Bonifacio was pretty packed with visitors, but on Corse you don’t have to go too far to get away from crowds, up in the pine trees if you like. That’s one of the reasons to ride two days on a motorcycle and take an overnight ferry to get to the island As many here will know well, It’s just a wonderful island to explore, smaller than Sardegna but somehow I like It a bit more.

The option to fly in commercially does have its benefits. My wife does not like ships, at least her stomach does not like them at all, so last time she flew commercial from Munich and I picked her up at the airport.

10 solo sign offs

(https://www.insectlore.co.uk/)

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

How do people file IFR alternates in UKSE? Lydd & Southend are both strict ppr with reduced opening hours, unless you put LeTouquet & Calais the rest is usually not accessible on weather & price !

Lydd was visible from above though

Last Edited by Ibra at 31 Jul 16:12
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Biggin Hill is my usual one, then Bournemouth.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message