Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying videos thread

United States

Sorry, this video isn’t even mine, but found it quite funny!

EGSU, United Kingdom

Hope this works

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Sent to me by a pilot friend. Instrument approach in New Zealand.

http://www.chonday.com/Videos/pilotnewzdalnd1

Propman
Nuthampstead , United Kingdom

That’s an amazing video.

We had a thread on it a while ago – here

The video seems to be speeded up several times, though that’s obvious only on the final approach which looks like 500kt

The poster ANTEK has been gone for a long time.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Flying into Oban…which has a hill in the way of the final approach. Lovely scenery and a memorable approach and landing. I strongly recommend Oban as a destination.

Howard

Flying a TB20 out of EGTR
Elstree (EGTR), United Kingdom

Nice video Howard, and the vital stats are helpful. My memory may be playing up, but over twenty years ago Oban may have had an NDB instrument let down procedure? What with coastal, mountain effect and the hills themselves must have been strictly for the locals. There had been ambitions to get some commercial services to the airport. The ground crew were very helpful and cheerful.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Oh yes Robert, there is an NDB and a DME. I can’t find record of any instrument let down procedure. They can’t have an ILS of course because of the hill. There are island-hopping commercial services up there and the ground crew were very friendly when I was there. The weather was also as one would expect – I got stuck there for a few days. A nice place to get stuck mind you.

Flying a TB20 out of EGTR
Elstree (EGTR), United Kingdom

Landing a Cirrus SR22T at Courchevel on a cloudy day using the alternative circuit.

EDLE, Netherlands

very cool!

Sign in to add your message