Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Reducing GPS database costs

Which client platform is this for?

Hungary is a communist country and they always charged extra for the stuff behind the Iron Curtain

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

GNS boxes are fine. Updates are not coded, so it will work on every GNS box.

United Kingdom

What stops people just duplicating the database cards and sharing the costs?

Administrator

The flashing tool only allows you to flash one card per cycle. The GNS cards are proprietary hardware so no easy way to copy them.

What works with the GNS is do a “coitus interruptus” while it verifies the data written. This does not eat up the cycle so you can do it again.

The flashing tool only allows you to flash one card per cycle. The GNS cards are proprietary hardware so no easy way to copy them.

Is the unique key on the flash card in both the GNS and GTN case i.e. could you pass them on to somebody else? That BTW cannot be illegal, IMHO.

What works with the GNS is do a “coitus interruptus” while it verifies the data written. This does not eat up the cycle so you can do it again.

I believe that well known hack (pressing Cancel when it comes to verify the programming) worked only with some old GNS programmer and they blocked it a long time ago.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

I believe that well known hack (pressing Cancel when it comes to verify the programming) worked only with some old GNS programmer and they blocked it a long time ago.

I’ve heard it’s still working!

EDMA, Germany

Peter wrote:

What about the GTN and the IFD boxes?

On the GTN it is definitely a standard FAT filesystem and card reader with “non-hacked” firmware

LSZK, Switzerland

The database must be somehow “keyed” to the unit – even if the cartridge is freely readable/writeable.

Administrator

Hello to everybody!

There is a good proposal to reduce navdata update cost:

GTN 6XX/7XX database, coverage CENTRAL EUROPE of the price of the Jeppesen 2017 catalogue with a discount of 10%.

Our customer’s airplane have a “heavy maintenance visit” (like D check) so it won’t fly this and next months.

I have annual subscription for GTN NavData update via Jeppesen Distribution Manager which is now simply burn away.

You may download Jeppesen 2017 catalogue from
http://ww1.jeppesen.com/documents/aviation/pdfs/jeppesen-catalog-emea.pdf

Please, do not hesitate to contact me if you need further information or would like to discuss any details.

Kyiv International Airport, UKKK

Are you offering to temporarily transfer this database subscription to someone else, and then get it back again after 2 months?

Administrator
Sign in to add your message