Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Requirements for Head of Training of a DTO

We are looking into setting up a DTO as soon as the reg. goes in to effect. Has anyone seen any requirements regarding the head of training for a DTO?
The only thing I can find is DTO.GEN.210 which reads:

(c) There should have been no sanctions imposed during the last 3 years on the person(s) fulfilling the roles of the representative and the HT, including suspension, limitation or revocation of any of their licences, ratings or certificates issued in accordance with this Part, as well as for non-compliances with
the Basic Regulation and its Implementing Rules.

Norway, where a gallon of avgas is ch...
ENEG

From the CAA roadshow – must have 100hrs instruction post removal of FI supervisory restriction

Now retired from forums best wishes

Thanks Balliol. Is this referenced anywhere in the regs or is it a UK specific thing?

ENEG

What Balliol is what I have heard as well. It will be the same all over Europe until someone approves an AltMoC with other suggestions.

ESSZ, Sweden

from the CAA roadshow slides

I would also like to apply to be a DTO. Is there anywhere specific to look, or way to keep abreast of what’s going on? I would appreciate being in the loop, perhaps anyone with knowledge can update this thread as things happen!

EGKL, United Kingdom

https://www.caa.co.uk/General-aviation/About-the-GA-unit/General-Aviation-roadshows/

Carl – info to date is via above, keep an eye on that bit of web site, regulations should be out mid Jan I understand and the transition period will be Apr 18 – Apr 19

The draft requirements can be found here.
Should be in force by about June 2018.

Description
On 25 January 2018, EASA will hold a meeting to review the latest draft AMC/GM for Part-DTO. The draft published together with Opinion No 11/2016 has been revised in order to reflect the final text for Part-DTO which had received a positive vote in the EASA committee meeting in October 2017. The objective of this meeting is to review the latest draft AMC/GM with subject matter experts from competent authorities and stakeholders.

Last Edited by Tumbleweed at 10 Dec 19:40

Thanks Tumbleweed. That doc answered all my questions.

ENEG
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message