Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Rotterdam EHRD - good news regarding handling...

Good news – handling via Vliegclub Rotterdam is available again

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Flying clubs doing handling at medium/big airports seems the only way to go these days …
It works very well also at Nantes LFRS, AFAIK.

It could be positive to all parties to support and encourage clubs to do so.
Maybe write a standard booklet on procedures send to them.
Then the airport of the club would just need a page on their website to say something like “you will be parked on Apron E. Exit via the green door. The invoice will be sent later”.
It would improve GA utility a lot. And reassure airport managers and CAA officials.
Did anyone (AOPA, club federation, whatever, …) ever had this kind of initiative ?

LFOU, France

A German flying mag reports that starting in December, the club will again regularly offer handling for light GA. The December bit if that info is probably premature, but it looks like things are moving in the right direction.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Posts on prop strikes and how much a pilot ought to take care are here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

My understanding is that a pilot did not follow procedures, taxied through grass and had a prop strike. He is holding the club responsible for repairs and costs. As a result the club suspended handling pending a decision on liability.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

I haven’t seen it posted anywhere on EuroGA however, the concession enjoyed of having GA handled by VC Rotterdam was comparatively short-lived.

Earlier this year, as announced on their website, VCR no longer offers handling for GA, consequently one is obliged to approach the Jet Centre who recently quoted me Euro 135 for handling plus landing fee plus VAT: a total of Euro 200 per visit rather than the Euro 60 or so ….. sad, but it is what it is.

Since 2014 I used VCR perhaps three times annually, received their customary courtesy and humour, on three successive year dropping off an elderly relative to spend Xmas with her son: regrettably CAT isn’t an option but surprisingly GA for this 94 year old is!

Notwithstanding, a Euro 400 bill for dropping her off and collecting her isn’t helpful.

VCR gave no reason for the withdrawal of the service and one can only guess.

Depressing, but true ….

Does anyone know more, or why, this lifeline to EHRD was so peremptorily withdrawn?? (Perhaps VCR were doing such a good job!!

Infeed, VCR is at Lima.

EDLE, Netherlands

Dear @Oscar_Bal, I am about to fly to Rotterdam and would just like to know, where the parking area will be, as I read LIMA and FOXTROT in this thread, which confuses me, because they are located in the west and in the south of the airport.

Edit: Sorry, I should have read twice, it looks like the Vliegclub Rotterdam (hence VRC) is located at L, while the Rotterdamsche Aero Club (hence RAC) is next to F and L. I was confused by the abbreviations.

Last Edited by TobiBS at 30 Aug 21:39
P19 EDFE EDVE EDDS

Visited today. Nice job, Vliegclub Rotterdam!

Thanks a lot for the effort and also for pointing this out in the forum here, Oscar!

Might come over for a day trip from EDLE during this season…

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany
34 Posts
Sign in to add your message