Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sandel SG102 AHRS Gyro

I am again looking for one of these, but only at the right price

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I was thinking to replace my KG102 with an sandel AHRS a while ago but think it would be an unnecessary change, KG102s are plentiful on the market and they have become cheap. The backup ATT function can be easily replaced with other cheap glass. It’s also not bad for my CG as it sits in the front :-)

EBST

Update: bought one in the US, $1450 at South East Aerospace, which is prob99 less than the Sandel repair cost. Mod 2 version too, with the fast AHRS startup.

The units at Straubing mentioned above are still there, and of course still at the silly prices of about 2x more, and will sit there for next 100 years.

I will open up the dud one; will be interesting

Administrator

I am again looking for an SG102.

I had a shelf spare (bought from a US pilot almost 3 years ago) and installed that, but I do want a spare. These boxes seem to last a few years…

Checked US Ebay and a few other places…

The USB programming adapter works and I can upgrade the firmware if needed. With Mod 1 units you can go to v1.35.

Administrator

I have a “six pack”.

Administrator

These kind of posts concern me greatly with moving off six pack.

Nothing in Europe materialised (well, not a current production version) but I found an unused unit in the USA which I got at a good price. With it I also got the firmware programming adapter which can be used to upgrade the firmware to the latest version; if anybody needs this done I should be able to do it.

Administrator

Peter – I have a client that just started getting an “Gyro Invalid” message on his Sandel, (not sure yet which Model, ut I believe it’s the ‘older’ one) .

How would you go about troubleshooting this and is it frequent or likely that the remote gyro is not necessarily dead ?

Thanks,

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

I am still looking for one of these. Nothing has turned up in the UK, or anywhere else for significantly less than the brand new price.

Administrator

According to Avionik Straubing’s used device database, they have one SG102-100 available. If I do the lookup on the English version of the page, the device does not show up.

http://www.avionik.de/produkte/gebrauchtgeraete.html

32 Posts
Sign in to add your message