Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Scotland Meetup - Oban EGEO 22/23 July 2017

Jwoolard only. Great to meet up

As for the others, well this is Scotland and I reckon you could plan a fly-in every weekend all summer and most would be cancelled

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Today’s flight. Engine oil consumption doing OK – 1qt in 6-7hrs now.

A few more pics:

In the heavy rain I found I have a leak in my LH door seal. New seal; it clearly is sealing to the door but by the looks of it not to the airframe. Also I have an oil leak from the top of the crankcase, from the bolts it seems and that can be fixed with some o-rings.

I have been testing EasyVFR. It works very well. But one does have to spend a lot of time learning how to use these tools. I am sure most people don’t (both EV and probably more so SD).

Administrator

Nice rebreathers.

How will the o-rings work?

EasyVFR works a treat, and is pretty easy to use. I cant imagine it would take you any time to get the hang of it.

The o-ring solution is already used on the through-bolts on engines – because parallel threads always leak via the nut so if the stuff in the crankcase cavity can reach the shank of a bolt… I will write a report when it is done.

These apps have a lot of user interface which one has to understand, to avoid the “how do I get out of this mess” scenario.

Funnily enough I had tailwind on both legs – 20-30kt!

Administrator

Here’s a video of the flights there and back. It was shot in 1080 50mbps because I forgot to config the camera to 4K, but the benefit is that it is 60fps and not 30fps, so is really smooth and I decided it didn’t need lens correction which makes it even sharper. The uploaded original version is 25mbps and you can download it from Vimeo’s Download function. File size 4.8GB

Administrator
95 Posts
Sign in to add your message