Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Scotland Meetup - Oban EGEO 22/23 July 2017

Joe-fbs wrote:

We wanted to be at Plockton not Oban but there were no rooms around Plockton and not many around Oban.

Plockton is a tiny village. No hotels as such, other than the Plockton Inn. Beautiful place though. Oban, quite a few hotels, but Urquhart Travel, trundling the Saga Louts around at this time of year, block book, making it difficult for the one night traveller.

Peter, try this, http://www.eeusk.com, for lunch. It is on the front pier.

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

EEUsk is indeed excellent

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

EEUsk is indeed excellent

If you like fish! For those of us who don’t eat fish, the only alternative is steak. Peter loves fish, so I’m sure he’ll like it

Regarding dates, let me suggest 15-16 July. That gives anyone interested sufficient time to plan and book accomodation (if staying over night) and avoids dates already mentioned in this thread, and gives a nice gap between the two offical EuroGA flyin’s this year.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Yes, eeusk is very good. Just been there.

I am plant based mostly, nowadays

Administrator

We will not be able to use telegram group here to coordinate a meetup because there is absolutely zero mobile data connectivity here.

Well, not on Vodafone.

Not seen this since Albania in 2006

The phone shows GPRS but still no data flowing.

Hotel wifi broken, of course.

Outside Waterstones bookshop is the only place.

Administrator

Peter,
Sorry we ran away as you arrived this morning but after watching fog all day yesterday and most of the morning today, further delay in reaching Stornoway would not have gone down well.
On the mobile data aspect, EE 3G worked in most places. All of our hotels have had wifi although sometimes just in one small place.
Anyway, I hope I’ll meet you another day.
Cheers
Joe

strip near EGGW

Internet suddenly started working…

Administrator

You can’t win. O2 has excellent signal at the airport in Connel, but EE and 3 are the only ones with any signal in Oban town…

This was the sunset just across the water from the airport a couple of weeks ago:

Last Edited by jwoolard at 25 May 22:06
EGEO

Last time I saw such good wx here was in summer of 1969

Administrator
Sign in to add your message