Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

SDR - Service Difficulty Reports

Hi there.

I just came across the SDR on flightsafetyaustrailia.com and found the pictured descriptions of findings quite appealing. I know the FAA collects SDRs, but since I don’t have a login, I don’t know how they are described and if an owner can easily access them. So I thought, in the field of “our” GA, maintaining owners and technical interested people could gain from common knowledge over finding on the planes. How would you think of a system that allowed everyone to upload pictures of problems, describe the plane (hours, cycles, age, other necessary data) and, if applicable, part numbers, so that the “community” can create a free database of occurrences and problems, aswell as pictures to show inexperienced owners / mechanics how described failures look like? Would be helpful to spot problems early on, I guess.

Would you partake in such a system by delivering data, or even by setting it up? What do you think?

Cheers,
Malte

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

At the FAA you can browse trough these Aviation Maintenance Alerts

From what I have heard they are too busy, at that is the reason it has been a while. You can browse older ones though. Although we always look trough these as part of the continuation training, sometimes their might be to much information.

For example, one of the alerts
notices: “LEFT MAIN LANDING GEAR INBD BRAKE CALIPER, LEAKING.” without ANY information, this kind of information is a waste of time IMHO.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ
2 Posts
Sign in to add your message