Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Seneca HB-LSD down in Basel

Timothy wrote:

EASA minimum single pilot without coupled a/p is 800m

Clearly there is no way to ever know whether he had the AP coupled for this approach but I guess it is highly probable, given that he had a KFC200 and the approach to the point where he went for the motorway was pretty stable.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

They can often find out the autopilot mode. The King boxes (certainly the KFC225) maintain a log, which you can easily read out with a laptop over RS232. I have done it – the same interface is also used for various configs. Obviously this assumes it was not completely smashed up.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Until quite recently, the regulations were only that the aircraft was equipped with an a/p, not that it was engaged. But someone spotted it and they changed it.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Wasn’t the Seneca 1 just fitted with the old Piper Altimatic? I don’t recall they were specifically approved as CAT 1 coupled, although some versions could fly a coupled approach. The KFC200 may have been introduced with the Seneca III?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
My Altimatic V is approved for coupled approaches down to 200 feet.
EGKB Biggin Hill

Not sure what the regs actually say, Google couldn’t track down the specific reg, but the AFM supplement may need to specify CAT1 ILS approved.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

You don’t! The night qualification is separate. If you have an IR without a NQ, you are not allowed to fly IFR by night. See FCL.610(a)(1)(i).

But doesn’t that refer to the initial application for an IR and the need to hold a NQ? I was referring to the ongoing requirement to fly at night. I cannot see any reference to the need to do night landings to maintain night priveleges to carry passengers if you already hold an IR.

EGBW, United Kingdom

JohnR wrote:

If you have an IR without a NQ, you are not allowed to fly IFR by night.

So of course, all you IR pilots who have flown night/IFR for years, now have a separate Night Rating entry in your certificate to prove your night flying status, right?

huv
EKRK, Denmark

huv wrote:

So of course, all you IR pilots who have flown night/IFR for years, now have a separate Night Rating entry in your certificate to prove your night flying status, right?

Correct

EBST, Belgium

huv wrote:

No. I don’t have it. The prerequisite for my (EASA) IR training was Night VFR. When getting SE/IR and later ME/IR, night and day IFR were not separated anywhere in IR syllabus. I don’t remember anyone mentioning something special for night IR on revalidation checks.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message