Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Seneca HB-LSD down in Basel

huv wrote:

So of course, all you IR pilots who have flown night/IFR for years, now have a separate Night Rating entry in your certificate to prove your night flying status, right?

Yes, exactly.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 27 Oct 11:24
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Emir wrote:

The prerequisite for my (EASA) IR training was Night VFR.

I believe that was the case for all of us.
Emir wrote:
I don’t remember anyone mentioning something special for night IR on revalidation checks.

Exactly. Many examiners (and some CAA’s?) simply have not caught up with that very implication of separating Night from Instrument Rating in Part-FCL. I also have no separate entry for Night in my license.
I just asked the Danish head of examiners, and it turns out that it is indeed a lapse from the CAA, and the subject is on the next standardisations meeting.
A transitional problem, I guess, but at the moment I have no way to prove that I have the right to fly at night. When I fly I bring my old Rating tab to show that my IR was valid before the rules were changed. That is the best I can do right now.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Last Edited by huv at 27 Oct 15:22
huv
EKRK, Denmark

All a bit irrelevant because the IR training does not cover landing in minimum visibility with any realism, if at all. Neither day nor night. It really is a “descend to mininum and go around” rating. ;-)

Last Edited by Cobalt at 27 Oct 15:25
Biggin Hill

My license lists only SEP(A), MEP(A), SE/IR and ME/IR and on the other page I have the listing of validity/expiry date for there ratings. At the same time I’m sure I’m entitled to fly NVFR, and IFR day and night in appropriately equipped aircraft.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
54 Posts
Sign in to add your message