Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

SEP revalidation by experience (merged)

AIUI it doesn’t have to recognise a French instructor for a revalidation by experience on SEP PPL.
It should contain your full flying history (or at least the French part.) You fill it in yourself. Then you get the instructor to sign your licence adding his/her licence number.
As long as the instructor is on the DGAC list /approved, all is okay. I am only talking of a French/EASA licence here and only PPL reval by experience. Other qualifications, the instructor/examiner fills everything in using his/her own SIGIBEL access.

France

Not for a few years: it doesn’t recognise non-French instructors. I do 1 flight in the UK to revalidate both SEP ratings. UK is a simple licence entry, but for EASA/France I email scans of my licence, logbook, and instructor’s licence, then they send back a whole new licence (with new SEP) by post.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Don’t you use SIGIBEL?

France

WingsWaterAndWheels wrote:

They have now set up a web interface

Thank you for posting this. I’m still on email and get worried every second year that my friendly contact at the DGAC has disappeared

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

skydriller wrote:

Can I ask how you deal with your Class 2 Medical?

I have been doing it in France when I’m on vacation there :-) I’ve done it once in Trondheim, done by a medical doctor who was also a member of the flying club, and that was ok, but he retired soon after, and now there is another option but that would cost almost as much as an airline return ticket to France. The exam in France was 50 euro last year…

ENVA, Norway

@WingsWaterAndWheels

I am aware of the French Online Licencing website.
Can I ask how you deal with your Class 2 Medical?

Regards, SD..

WingsWaterAndWheels wrote:

WingsWaterAndWheels27-Oct-23 08:3815
Having a French license while living in Norway, I usually do a flight with a Norwegian instructor who just sign my logbook and then send all the information to the French authorities and they send me a new license. They have now set up a web interface for handling all types of licenses formalities which worked well (but not particularly fast). Before that I was using emails.

I hold a Danish issued part-FCL EASA license and had a Portuguese Examiner (not pre-approved or anything) revalidate my SEP rating, endorse my licence and sign the Danish revalidation by experience form. A few months later I, for other reasons, had a fresh Danish issued license issued. I had no remarks from the Danish authorities in this regard. The SEP rating was included, no questions asked.
So, yes, perhaps the regulations on this is not all that clear or enforced the same way by the individual national authorities.

Last Edited by Yeager at 27 Oct 09:08
Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

Having a French license while living in Norway, I usually do a flight with a Norwegian instructor who just sign my logbook and then send all the information to the French authorities and they send me a new license. They have now set up a web interface for handling all types of licenses formalities which worked well (but not particularly fast). Before that I was using emails.

ENVA, Norway

Qalupalik wrote:

Qalupalik26-Oct-23 18:4413
Yeager wrote:
… it is only NATIONAL authorities, thereby Examiners holding the same licence authority (issuing country) as that of the license holder seeking the revalidation by experience?
Yes, that is the default position. It is not changed by the EDD in the special case of revals by experience because the EDD is limited to tests/checks/assessments. However, a competent authority may confer this administrative privilege on examiners authorised by other authorities.

Appreciate your clarification on this. I obviously did not know. Cheers for that!

Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

Yeager wrote:

… it is only NATIONAL authorities, thereby Examiners holding the same licence authority (issuing country) as that of the license holder seeking the revalidation by experience?

Yes, that is the default position. It is not changed by the EDD in the special case of revals by experience because the EDD is limited to tests/checks/assessments. However, a competent authority may confer this administrative privilege on examiners authorised by other authorities.

London, United Kingdom
169 Posts
Sign in to add your message