Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

SERA requires flight plans for all controlled aerodromes

Are you still using your a. m. EuropaSim Cards?

Actually, I never got myself to acquiring one. For as little as I travel now, it isn’t really worth the hassle.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Même chose ici! Un tout grand merci pour la référence!

Samme her. Det kan vise seg å være meget nyttig.

LFPT, LFPN

Thank you for the quick response, Boscomantico.

EDxx, Germany

No, stopped using it very quickly. I decided it wasn’t worth the hassle and now just use various roaming options directly on my German 1+1 (Vodafone) sim.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

23-Nov-12 17:29

exzellenter Tipp, der mit Europasim. I will get one of those!

@ Jan Olieslagers and Boscomantico

Are you still using your a. m. EuropaSim Cards? Mine is invalid because I forgot to charge ($$$) it within the last 12 months. I still had about 20€ on it. Although I registered with Vodafone.it, my telefone number on their card is no longer known. Strange, the German guy vending the cards in Tuebingen is still in the recharging business but does not sell new simcards anymore. You have to travel to Italy to get a new card. That is no longer acceptable for me. What other options do you know for data roaming within Europe on a daily 3€ /250mb basis ?

Last Edited by nobbi at 19 Jul 15:46
EDxx, Germany

Jan Brill is the editor in chief. The pilot concerned was one of his editors. An yes, he was IFR rated and current. To tell the truth, I am not exactly sure how the story ended, so I don't know whether, in the end, the charges were dropped.

exzellenter Tipp, der mit Europasim. I will get one of those!

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

There was a case a few years ago where an editor of "Pilot&Flugzeug" was prosecuted after changing to IFR on a VFR flight to Tempelhof in (unforecast) worsening conditions. The story was well covered in the magazine.

That's Jan Brill, isn't it?

Completely mad to prosecute somebody for that - if he has the license privileges.

Equally mad to prosecute if he hasn't got the license privileges, because that will just lead pilots to do it "quietly" *illegally and leads to more weather related accidents.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@italianjon: Danke, exzellenter Tipp, der mit Europasim. I will get one of those!

There was a case a few years ago where an editor of "Pilot&Flugzeug" was prosecuted after changing to IFR on a VFR flight to Tempelhof in (unforecast) worsening conditions. The story was well covered in the magazine.

P.S. No reason to not believe Achim. What he posts is always very accurate and derived from actual flying experience, not just hangar talk.

46 Posts
Sign in to add your message