Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Shoreham EGKA to Guernsey EGJB April 2018

Here’s a little report on Shoreham EGKA to Guernsey EGJB today.

It was about the 2nd first nice day after a long wet winter!

Departure from Shoreham

This is the Ford Aerodrome which closed in the 1970s

Alderney

Sark

Final on ILS 27 at Guernsey

Parked and done. Everything here is quick and smooth.

There is a lot of classy hardware here. Obviously there is money here but there is also money on Jersey but the GA setup there is relatively decrepit…

A nice walk to the Le Gouffre Café

There is a really nice walk along the cliffs. I must come back with more time to explore it! This is much more interesting than “going into town” which is nothing special.

A well preserved / restored Morris Minor

More slick hardware in the hangar. Everything there is clean, no bird sh1t like there is on everything back home…

Departure back home

The Safetaxi chart on my new yoke-mounted Aera 660 is absolutely brilliant. The best thing in aviation I have bought in years!

Great service from ASG Handling. The invoice came to £36 (1400kg TB20). Not at all unreasonable for an occassional trip but definitely at a level to ensure a boycott within much of UK GA which sets the maximum at £10

The pics were taken with a Samsung S7. Most of them were taken in RAW and processed in Lightroom with +25% vibrance but no sharpening was applied so they don’t look as “good” as the ones produced by the phone as jpegs

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes, the footpath is lovely. This way follows the cliffs on the left hand side from the ILS, we have done this way two times, very nice pictures and memories, thank you!

Berlin, Germany

How long does it take to walk to the cafe from the airport ?

Rob wrote:

How long does it take to walk to the cafe from the airport ?

20 mins

EGTK Oxford
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message