Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Shoreham EGKA to Mali Losinj LDLO June 2013

Where is this information from?

The handling office at Brac informed us whilst we were there.

I thought there was a daily twin turboprop service to Zagreb - as there is on the Greek islands (to Athens)

There was no evidence of such a service whilst we were there. Perhaps a seasonal service?

On a side note, our group had big problems using combinations of RocketRoute and SkyDemon for VFR filing to France & Montenegro. All FPLs were rejected and we had to phone them in manually. I know RR are looking at this.

EGKB

Just got a reply from LDSB.

The closure is far from certain, apparently. It does sound like a regular rumour.

I can't see it would make sense to close it, given the huge investment, the high net worth and high spending individuals who use it (even if only in the summer) and the very small number of people who work there. If it was a UK airport there would be 5x the staff.

On a side note, our group had big problems using combinations of RocketRoute and SkyDemon for VFR filing to France & Montenegro. All FPLs were rejected and we had to phone them in manually. I know RR are looking at this.

I thought SD's built-in flight plan filing function used EuroFPL for flight plan filing. I know this because, way back, I introduced the two companies together

One always needs two ways of doing anything. Normally I use EuroFPL for flight plan filing but it does sometimes fall over and when it does it will obviously happen at the least handy moment, so I keep Afpex as the backup (needs a windoze laptop though, although there is a painful way of running it over a remote desktop connection from an Ipad).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I thought there was a daily twin turboprop service to Zagreb

Good joke. It think it's once a week starting mid-June, maybe more frequent (max 3 times a week) during July-August, fading-out in September and that's it.

I can't believe the Croatian ferry boats make money, at the very low ticket prices.

No, they are highly subsidized but joining EU will challenge that in the same way as it did for air tickets.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

The closure is far from certain, apparently. It does sound like a regular rumour.

I can't see it would make sense to close it, given the huge investment, the high net worth and high spending individuals who use it (even if only in the summer) and the very small number of people who work there. If it was a UK airport there would be 5x the staff.

That is very good news. I agree that it's a fabulous facility for GA and the staff there were exemplary in their customer service. 3 men on the apron to coordinate refuelling, marshalling and tie-downs, plus the lovely ladies in the office who organised the fees and transportation.

I wish they could have been more flexible with their opening hours. We were happy to pay a surcharge to keep the airport open (€50 per hour + VAT) but they wanted this per aircraft which seemed over the top given the fixed costs of extending the operation.

EGKB

here's another small one in Istria - Vrsar LDPV (day VFR) but I don't know its current status for international flights

We visited Vrsar last summer with 3 aircraft from Sweden and got great service. They even had a pretty large skydivers bar at the airport serving cheap bear next to old aircraft :)

No fuel but customs available from early morning to late evening (incredible since we were the only visitors). I also remember an older gentleman who was handling their office (payment etc), but I think he should stop using the radio as the only phrase he seemed to know was "cleared to land" :)

45 Posts
Sign in to add your message