Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Short trip to LOIH with a nice walk after landing

As the weather in southern Germany was marvelous today we decided to fly to Hohenems LOIH which is only half an hour to go from Stuttgart. And to ensure that the the engine will get warm enough, we decided to make it not direct but going via the Zugspitze and fly some valley in the alps.

Schloß Neuschwanstein

Zugspitze

„Avoid overflying the houses and turn to the field for a short approach 05 after the Hornbach.“ That‘s what we were told when approaching LOIH and with a field length of 690 meters this was really interesting.

After landing we walked down to the river Rhine. It was a nice walk along the „Old Rhine“ and coming from Austria we passed the river on some stones to go to Switzerland.

Finally we had to go back to Stuttgart and this time we made it the short way overflying the lake Constanz, passing the island of Lindau.

It was a really nice trip.

EDDS , Germany

Looks great indeed.

EBST, Belgium

Nice pics in unusually clear air!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Schloß Neuschwanstein!

I went when I was 14. I remember thinking it must be 13/14th century, but it turned out it was built to look old, rather than being old. I think it’s only 150 years, or thereabouts. Fascinating place, regardless.

Great trip!

Last Edited by DavidJ at 15 Nov 08:00

Lovely trip, thanks.

Hohenems indeed has a huge noise problems and therefore requires strict adherence to the circuit in order not to hack of neighbours.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 15 Nov 08:07
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

@eddsPeter Did you get your kwiggles yet?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

@boscomantico

Did you get your kwiggles yet?

Yes, we got them: I made a short report here.

EDDS , Germany

Nice “warm up” trip, did you have to type-in all those WYPTs in FF manually

Last Edited by Ibra at 15 Nov 13:53
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

@lbra wrote:

did you have to type-in all those WYPTs in FF manually

Only drag and drop, but manually. To do that is worth it. I transferred it via Garmin Connect to the GTN and could leave the autopilot do the flying if it would like to. Normally I hand-fly in the alps, but to take pictures it is nice to use the „George“.

EDDS , Germany

Great trip! Did you create the foreflight waypoints beforehand?

always learning
LO__, Austria
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message