Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Skiing near Airport Bolzano LIPB

Yes, up there it should be okay… (nice photo)

Finding snow at low levels is currently a challenge.

Yep. Coming back to the specific topic of Bolzano. These…

were the Dolomites on the 20th of December. No snow.
since then: no snow
long term forecast for the next ten days: no snow.

I am firmly booked for a week of skiing at Corvara the first week of February… still keeping my fingers crossed.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Don’t know about one hour, but in two hours you can reach Madonna di Campiglio (huge, easy slopes) and Cortina d’Ampezzo (a bit more ambitious).

Both places don’t make much sense if landing at Bolanzo. Very long drives of two hours.

If one really wants a huge ski resort (bigger than Obereggen) one should go to Val Gardena / Dolomiti Superski (specifically: St. Ulrich / Ortisei, 45 minutes by car from Bolzano airport).

From there, the one down from Seceda is a wonderful slope, especially in the morning hours.
Down towards Santa Christina, you can do Saslong, probably the most famous slope of the Dolomites. It’s really brilliant doing it all in one go. It has a couple of demanding spots (blind transitions), which can be slightly dangerous, but it’s pure adrenaline.
Then, you can obviously do Sellaronda from there.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 01 Jan 20:04
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Somewhere over Austria, yesterday. The funny thing is that it snowed a bit on Crete last night

Ok after spending hours looking at hotels in the Obereggen area. I came up with 2 that wont break the bank sort off.

Here are my needs for a hotel/Spa.

1 Comfortable bed and room nonsmoking.
2 Quiet sleep accommodations.
3 Since we have to rent a car from the airport the Hotel does not have to be right on the slopes as in ski on ski off.
4 Food has to be above average by European and by that I mean Continental standards
5 Child unfriendly environment.

Spa and Facilities are critical at my age.

1 The Spa can not close in the evenings after a hard days skiing. For example before 10PM
2 Dont want to see infants with diapers on in the pool or Hot tub.
3 Dont want to see Americans rolling their eyes when they see a naked German walk by in the spa. ( I know thats too much to ask for but it is the New Year)

Ok now with all that in mind comes the cost of course I would prefer to pay less but there are deals out there especially with snow coming later than sooner.

Hotel Sonnalp is retailing for 262 Euro/night
Hotel Mayr is 148 Euro/night. Spa available for free 3 days a week. I have to call them up on that one.

KHTO, LHTL

Flyer59 wrote:

Flyer59 01-Jan-16 19:58 #14
Somewhere over Austria, yesterday. The funny thing is that it snowed a bit on Crete last night

Hey how did you get to sit Left seat in a Boeing?

KHTO, LHTL

It was an A320, and yes, it was a left seat … 14A

long term forecast for the next ten days: no snow.

Well, either you know something, or Marketing has gone into bullsh1t-overdrive in the RH of the two columns below

Dont want to see Americans rolling their eyes when they see a naked German walk by in the spa. ( I know thats too much to ask for but it is the New Year)

That depends on the German, surely

I am firmly booked for a week of skiing at Corvara the first week of February

It would be amazing if there wasn’t snow all over the Alps by then!

Otherwise, after something like 15th January, I should be available for a 3 night ski trip somewhere.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter Id take you up on that but its too short notice.

First it would have to snow every day all day to get any kind of base at the base in the next two weeks.

I was thinking more along the line of mid Feb to beginning of March.

As with all adversity there might be a silver lining. Perhaps with a weak season we can get better deals on Hotels and Car rentals.
The only trouble is the hotel deposit in case the weather is really stinky and we cant get into LIDA.

KHTO, LHTL

Peter wrote:

hat depends on the German, surely

Look proper etiquette requires that if your from any of the Anglo countries that you use sunglasses in the sauna. It makes the Nordic peoples less self conscious.

KHTO, LHTL
Sign in to add your message