Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sleap EGCV to Quiberon LFEQ next weekend, and is LFEQ FR-only?

Hello,

A weekend trip UK Sleap EGCV to Quiberon LFEQ

I am not a frequent overseas flyer, however, I understand I need to clear customs (at say Dinard St Malo) before continuing onto Quiberon.

Just wondering what the procedure is for the return back to GB. Is it possible to activate a flight plan when airborne (out from Quiberon) or do I need to land at Dinard St Malo to process and activate my return flight plan?

Any assistance would be welcome.

John

EGCV Sleap, United Kingdom

For customs: you need to land at Dinard (or any customs airports) both for out & return

For FPL:

-You don’t need FPL between Dinard & Quiberon (except operating IFR)

-You need an FPL between Dinard-Sleap out and return

You have StNazaire as well, I used it regularly for UK to LaBaule (ask tower to check if customs wants you to come to terminal or shutdown your engine)

Last Edited by Ibra at 19 Mar 11:25
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Quiberon No AFIS only A/A until 30th April

Hello,

Planning my trip to Quiberon LFEQ form the UK and reading the AIP. It would appear that there is no AFIS until 30th April and then A/A when no AFIS and in French only.

I will be flying to Quiberon probable this next weekend and unfortunately I don’t speak any French.

I would appreciate any information re flying in to Quiberon whether this is the real situation.

John

EGCV Sleap, United Kingdom

@Design4p there was a long discussion of FR-only airports here.

You can also find reports on LFEQ on our database. The first report there has notes on the FR-only situation.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message