Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

South Europe Trip - 11June till 18 June 2017

With my Arrow IV, a mix between beach, mountain and a walk down memory lane.

All VFR.

11 June 2017
LCLK – LGSM – LWSK
Samos for refueling. Despite enough fuel for a direct flight, don’t want to take the chance to arrive in Skopje with only 11 USG on the tanks. 2 days in Skopje and Tetovo visiting friends and other places where I was happy the 2 years I worked there.

13 June 2017
LWSK – LDSP
After T/O, head south and cross to Albania passing abeam Mavrovo Lake (another place where I was happy and where I learned to ski). ATC permitting, start to descend and enjoy the Montenegro and Croatia coast. Night in Trogir.

14 June 2017
LDSP – LJPZ
Site seeing flight over the coast.

15 June 2017
LJPZ – LOWS
2 days enjoying Berchtesgaden National Park.

17 June 2017
LOWS – LWOH
1 days at the Ohrid Lake.

18 June 2017
LWOH – LCLK
If I get an extra day, a possible stop at Santorini for a night.

It will be around 18 to 20 hours flight time.

Fell free to share any advise, experience (good or bad) that can make my life easier and the trip more enjoyable.

LPSR, Portugal

Ger your parking reservation for Split early on. It can be difficult in summer.

Can you really do Salzburg all the way to Cyprus on one tank? I know the Arrow 4 has good range, but it seems a long stretch. Ohrid has no Avgas.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Yes, refueling in LDSB would be a good idea, IMHO.

Note that the Adriatic and the Aegean get possibly quite strong northerly winds and this needs to be factored into the aircraft range. The tailwind is handy on the way down IF you get it but the headwind coming back can be “surprising”

I remember one trip, back from Hania LGSA (with its notorious 5 day PPR for arrival and another 5 day PPR for departure; no idea what the current requirements are and anyway it may not have avgas now) and I diverted to Brac LDSB instead of Portoroz because of the ~40kt headwind.

Sounds like a wonderful trip

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

boscomantico wrote:

Ger your parking reservation for Split early on. It can be difficult in summer.
Can you really do Salzburg all the way to Cyprus on one tank? I know the Arrow 4 has good range, but it seems a long stretch. Ohrid has no Avgas.

No way I could get directly from LOWS. I had the idea that Ohrid has Avgas. Just checked and you are right. Thanks. Will request an additional stop in Skopje for refueling the day I arrive.

Qu

Peter wrote:

Note that the Adriatic and the Aegean get possibly quite strong northerly winds and this needs to be factored into the aircraft range. The tailwind is handy on the way down IF you get it but the headwind coming back can be “surprising”

ote

I have short legs from Skopje till Salzburg. Right now my major concern is the last day. Refueling in Skopje, spending the night at Ohrid, a possible night stop in Santorini with no AvGas……. I may have to consider LGRP as a fuel stop.

LPSR, Portugal

lmsl1967 wrote:

11 June 2017
LCLK – LGSM – LWSK

I am sure you know it but, regarding Greece, make sure you read carefully at www.aopa.gr/Info the 6 steps mentioned in the beginning.
Don’t go unprepared !

LGMG Megara, Greece

Starting tomorrow, but weather not being very friendly. G22 at LGSM and scattered CB 3500 ft at LWSK.

LPSR, Portugal

Yesterday after surviving my first ice encountering, I have just finished the last leg to Larnaka.

Waiting for a flights back to real life, work.

Report (with updated prices) to be released soon.

LPSR, Portugal

Quick summary of the expenses (prices in Euros):

LCLK
AvGas: 2,91/L

LGSM
AvGas: app 3/L
Landing fees: 50
Handling including PPR, bus, customs fees: 130 (with AOPA card).

LWSK
AvGas: 1,1/L
Handling including landing and 2 nights parking: 55,04

LDSP
Handling, landing and 1 night parking: 69

LJPZ
AvGas: 1,58/L + 22% VAT
Handling, landing and 1 night parking: 36
1 shot of Jet A1: Free

LOWS
Handling, landing and 2 days parking: 65,08

LKTB
AvGas: 1,54/L + 21% VAT
Handling, landing and 1 night parking: 64 + 21% VAT.

LWSK
Technical stop for refuel: 33

A detailed report of the trip with some photos will follow.

LPSR, Portugal

lmsl1967 wrote:

1 shot of Jet A1: Free

JB
LSGB, LSGS
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message