Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

South of France (an airport for a convenient stop)

Avignon is great … you just need to plan for the crazy winds there (the “Mistral” can easily be above 30kts).

Not really a problem as they are always straight down the runway.

LFPT, LFPN

Avignon was 24H PN for customs. I had to do a “shimmy” last time I stayed there. See my previuos trip report.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

+1 for Avignon …either for a quick stop, night in the airport hotel or a night in the city.

I’ve used it a couple of times in the last month. Fees for a PA32 approx 35 euro for landing and a nights parking. Easy refuling. Friendly staff with good English and efficient. It can be windy in Avignon!

They can arrange customs / immigration I just emailed them [email protected] or call +33 4 90 81 51 51 31. Although it says handling they don’t charge handling for light GA.

There is a hotel literally 50m from the airport. Ive stayed there on a stopover it’s basic but clean and has a pool and restaurant.

The city is well worth a visit. It’s a 10-15min taxi. They have Uber in Avignon.

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

Yes, 0800-1700 local (possibly later with prior notice and check costs beforehand!

Below from AIP, UTC (remove 1h during summer / daylight saving)

0700-1600.
En dehors de ces HOR / Outside these SKED:
- Vol entre / Flight between 1600 et / and 2100 : PN avant / before 1500.
- Vol après / Flight after 2100 : PN 24 HR.
- SAM, DIM et JF/ SAT, SUN and HOL : PN avant / before 1500 le dernier jour ouvrable / on the last

Yes it does.

EGTF, LFTF

Does Nimes have customs? If it’s a nice scenic place would stay for a couple of nights.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

Interesting… Cannes

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I paid 30 early September. In my case, taxied to pump, refuelled, waited for instructor (for st tropes qualification) and left.

But previously about same cost and staying about a day

Regarding Cannes, I still don’t know if there is a way to just refuel there without paying for €60. Maybe my mistake was to contact them beforehand and ask for hard surface parking, but I also did say I just wanted a quick fuel stop. The problem with handlers almost everywhere is that they will grab you if they can, knowing you are not going to be in a position to argue.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Avignon is great, as Alexis said you just need to plan for the crazy winds there (the “Mistral” can easily be above 30kts). We visited Avignon 2 weeks ago, we beat our GS record on short final (something like 40 knots maybe). Nice place though and if you travel with kids they will love singing on the “bridge of Avignon” :)

(Plan for like 40eur/day of parking fees though)

18 Posts
Sign in to add your message