Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Southampton EGHI

£67 landing + 3 Hrs parking at EGHI Southampton yesterday, a £17 increase on my previous visit a few months ago. And I’m advised that any stay over 30 mins won’t possible soon as “they are getting really busy” this year. Presumably more than one flight per hour then.

But it’s OK, I’d have paid twice as much. Why? Because it was to meet my new granddaughter, born the previous morning!

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

Bummer about the charges, but congratulations @Aveling! She is of course worth every penny! :-)

UK, United Kingdom

Congratulations! £67 for the transport convenience of EGHI is probably not that bad. I count roughly 100 scheduled movements today, so quite a few more than 1 per hour and they are definitely compromised on ramp space. If someone would invest in transport links for EGHH (Bournemouth) there would be a bit of competition on the south coast.

EGBP, United Kingdom

Thanks for the congrats!

And I forgot to mention the added value of a Spit doing circuits while I was there. This was the 5th March, 80th anniversary of the first flight of the prototype K5054 from that very airfield! Something to tell my Granddaughter about when she grows up!

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message