Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Spain, Menorca LEMH/LESL, 7/8 October 2017

There is a little write-up anout Menorca (and the other islands) on this very forum I liked it there….

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

I flew down there from Coventry a couple of weeks ago – lovely trip.
If it helps, Ive got a Chrysler people carrier on the island, which Id be happy for you to use- its based at hippacar which is about a 10 euro ride from St Luis, or free minibus fro mahon. will hold 6 easily.

let me know if you want to use it-not sure i can make the trip in october due to work commitments

andrew

egbw

I am not sure whether we already agreed that Menorca is a good place to visit in October. If so and we know where to go, can we also discuss when?

LKHK, Czech Republic

I think it’s fair to say Menorca is getting the most interest, so let’s run with that.

As regards “when”, normally these “very late summer” trips are done at short notice because there is no point in going down there in bad wx. I can do all except the 1st Oct weekend (Justine’s birthday ) and the 28/29th Oct (staff issue at work). That leaves (for me) the middle three weekends in October:

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Statistically, the earlier the better. But then, statistics… Ideally would be if we could plan a target weekend and a fall-back.

I can join in these weekends, but only stay on saturday night.

An interesting meteorological fact of Menorca: It can be really windy. Now that we have such nice visualisation tools like Windy.com you can look for a regular interesting pattern: Wind blowing from west to east on the French side of the Pyrenees veering off to the south at the Med coast, hitting Menorca and not Mallorca. Sometimes just hitting the eastern tip of Menorca (where the airfields are). These winds are northerly, and luckily the planners of the airfields took that into account Look at Windy for tuesday and wednesday for instance

Last Edited by aart at 18 Sep 16:32
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Both 14th to 15th and 21st to 22nd might work for me wheras 7th to 8th seems to be to early to be fully recovered from the Greece trip by that time :-).

LKHK, Czech Republic

I have often done a trip to Spain in November, at extremely short notice, and got fab blue skies – example. But such short notice is not much good for most people.

Administrator

Pytlak wrote:

Both 14th to 15th and 21st to 22nd might work for me

Same for me

Jean
EBST, Belgium

I should be able to do the 21st-22nd (but not 14-15th). Never visited Menorca, even by CAT, so should be interesting. Like Peter, thought it was for Club 18-30, but happy to be corrected

TJ
Cambridge EGSC

Are there any Spanish pilots who will come along?

Administrator
Sign in to add your message