Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Spain, Menorca LEMH/LESL, 7/8 October 2017

I appear to be a bit late to this thread :-) – does anyone have any recent info on LEMH. @Peter I have just dropped the handler in your report a note (will of course keep everyone posted)
Planning to go this weekend…

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

I very much doubt that they would let their PA28 to you, even after a check-out. But maybe you could fly with one of them as a safety pilot. If that is OK with you, send me a PM and I’ll find out

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I’m heading down to Menorca on Sunday (unfortunately commercial). Does anybody know if the local aeroclub offers aircraft for rent? I have sent them an email but don’t expect a reply. I’ll give them a call or a visit otherwise.

EDLN/EDLF, Germany

The forum post on that trip is here and it is pretty complete. I have many more photos of course…

There were no issues at the airport that I remember.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I don’t think I will do it because it would be just a picture gallery of the city, with nothing else remarkable that I recall.

Pity, would have been interested to read how things are there nowadays.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I did mention other pilots that I knew paid less in October. She said that prices had gone up since last October, the first rise in 5 yrs.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

That is their standard price. You need to invoke that Spanish law in this case, like we did. They didn’t like that…

Administrator

I’ve recently been in touch with Karen from MTA regarding my upcoming visit, their Handling fees have now increased to Euro 150.00.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

Many thanks Chflyer.

The issue is the Aero EDNY one e.g. here and here. It is the EET you cannot edit – it is calculated from the route and the aircraft performance model. It is really a “purist” approach that the EET should be calculated and not user-editable and I had numerous discussions with Achim about that in the old days when EuroGA did such a lot of beta testing for them… along with other stuff like Nobody uses the Back button on a browser, it is old fashioned and its use should not be supported

If I was the programmer I would have allowed EET modification, with a warning that the FP may not validate when the entered value exceeds the Eurocontrol model limits… but the Eurocontrol perf models are top secret and this method might be used to reverse engineer them so maybe that was the reason (I doubt it since you can edit the EET on say EuroFPL or any direct AFTN filing system).

Administrator

Thanks for the write-up @Peter. Very complete and useful, as usual.

In the report you mention in the Route section that the flight plan filing feature of Autorouter doesn’t allow the flight plan parameters to be edited. I haven’t tried changing the parameters you mention (EET), but you have the opportunity to review and modify the flight plan text via the edit icon after “Route”. I’ve used it to change the flight type from G to X before Achim added “X – Training” as an option under Additional Input. Or have I misunderstood exactly what you want to do?

LSZK, Switzerland
132 Posts
Sign in to add your message