Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Spain October/November 2016 (Burgos LEBG)

Good to see some traction on this thread. Great that you’ll join in BJ, by making that extra effort to go to Burgos :)
So, who else signs up? Surely nobody would want to miss a drop of the kind of wine that BJ will no doubt be so kind to bring over?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I am assuming that whoever was coming is still coming… if the wx is OK on the weekend in question. If not, we will move it to the next date. We currently have

@Aart
@Emir
@TJ
@Loco
@StevenR
@Noe
Me

That is a good group of people. Usually it works out at x2 or so, with passengers. More would be good of course This is not exactly a long way into Spain.

To repeat a previous post, the dates are

29/30 Oct
5/6 Nov
19/20 Nov

I don’t have Spanish VFR charts unfortunately but have the 2013 Jepps in jpeg form. We will use a telegram group as before to sort out details; that works very well.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I have created a Telegram group for the detailed organisation of this fly-in.

Click on this link to join it.

I did already invite some of those who were known to be coming.

Administrator

Hi all!
First post here. I´ve been reading this forum on and off for a couple of years now (and Peter´s website for much more) and decided to register just to mention a couple of links that may help you.
Charts of LEBG (should be up to date) and every other airport in Spain under AENAs management… nearly all of them:
http://www.enaire.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/en/Page/1078418725163/?other=1083158950596&other2=1083857757985#ancla310
In the same page there are enroute charts also:
http://www.enaire.es/csee/Satellite/navegacion-aerea/en/Page/1078418725153/?other=1083158950573#ancla7
Finally a spanish web with information about aerodromes in Spain (no english, sorry):
http://www.aterriza.org/villafria-municipal-lebg/
Maybe, this links are well known for you, but I posted them any way if they are of any help.

Thank you Scud.

Looking at the number in the Telegram group, some of whom are not (recognisably to me) on the forum, we are at 14 aircraft, which would be amazing!

Edit: 13 (1 just emailed me)

Administrator

Currently looking at 12 aircraft.

There is a huge high pressure moving in! We may well get lucky.

Does Spain get a lot of fog in these situations, in cold temps? The UK does. But I can’t tell what SFC temp it will be down there.

Administrator

The weather forecast for Northern Spain looks good for next weekend, so my wife and I would like to come.
Simon

Great Simon – see here for the link to join the Telegram group. We use that to organise ourselves when down there.

Administrator

@Peter. Where did you get a Friday 12 UTC chart from? The MWIS charts only go out to Thurs 12 UTC.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

Contacts in low places

Administrator
Sign in to add your message