Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

iPad/iOS software for G1000 training

Hi everyone,

Does anyone of you know of any apps in iOS to stay proficient with G1000? I find the Garmin GTN trainer and TXi trainer in Appstore but nothing else.

Thanks in advance!

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

There is a G1000 PFD / MFD trainer. You can link both if you have 2 ipads.

PFD trainer: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/simionic-g1000-pfd/id501990787?mt=8
MFD: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/simionic-g1000-mfd/id827464105

I haven’t explored a ton (only used to familiarize people with G1000), so I don’t know the details of how accurate it is, but found everything as I’d expect it to work.

Last Edited by Noe at 05 Nov 12:51

Whew, great respone within 6 minutes! Thank you both.

I take it that Garmin themselves do not produce any training software for iOS then? We have some old PC software in the aero club lying around on a CD, but I ain’t got no PC or CD player ;)

Last Edited by martin-esmi at 05 Nov 12:58

If you want to familiarize yourself with the basics, I’m reasonably confident that the ones I pointed out should be sufficient. On my demos, I can’t remember finding any bugs. I’d be suprised if they used Garmin’s code, though.

Noe wrote:

I’d be suprised if they used Garmin’s code, though.

They don’t:

Disclaimer:
-Simionic and the seller are not affiliated with Garmin,
-The app is not provided, approved, endorsed, or otherwise supported by Garmin.
LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Noe wrote:

If you want to familiarize yourself with the basics, I’m reasonably confident that the ones I pointed out should be sufficient. On my demos, I can’t remember finding any bugs. I’d be suprised if they used Garmin’s code, though.

I’ve flown G1000 for many years and feel comfortable with it, although I didn’t fly that many hours IFR last year. However, after a few IFR approaches yesterday I was still taken by surprise for some of the things it did, resulting in that I had to go from NAV to HDG on the AP, then manually do CDI to NAV1 instead of GPS). These are things that are OK in decent weather, calm airports and flying to stay proficient/training mode, however it can be a severe risk in an already stressed situation, hence the app question.

Sporty’s have an online G1000 training course. Don’t know how good it is, but perhaps worth a look.

8 Posts
Sign in to add your message