Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Multi engine IR skill test applicants receiving SE IR

Strange… like every CAA has its own annotation, like it’s not under same EASA umbrella and issuing rules. Mine (revalidated in September) lists following:

IR/SE
IR/ME
SEP(A)
MEP(A)

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

AeroPlus wrote:

Whatever the naming used, the SE and ME as noted with IR is only valid fo flying aircraft within the SEP(land) and MEP(land) class rating.

What happens (in your opinion) if you add SET rating now – can you fly IFR based on fact that you have SE/IR? Or you think that you have to pass some SET/IR?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Yes, very weird, I don’t think there is such thing as MEPIR, at least some wannabe ATPL students in the UK get their MEIR without even having an MEP rating, they just do the MEP course (not taking the MEP test) then pass the MEIR skill test

Later in their careers, they will need a “multi jet/set/type rating” not “multi-piston” (+they don’t need to pass another MEIR skill test) unless they find an airline job with a DC3…

Last Edited by Ibra at 14 Jan 17:41
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

It is all very confusing but seemingly this is how it works here in The Netherlands. I would not know what would happen if a SET class rating would be added.

EDLE, Netherlands

@AeroPlus at least they enter “PBN” in your license. They don’t do this in Sweden and since my examiner didn’t write it in my logbook either I have to carry around my checkride protocol to prove that I have PBN every time.

ESME, ESMS

Not surprised, I have seen other few typos everytime something new gets introduced: “CBIR” instead of “IR”, “SLMG” instead of “TMG”, “NVFR” instead of “Night”…

For such highly expensive ink and paper, one would expect a good quality of the write up :)

Last Edited by Ibra at 15 Jan 10:55
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Dimme wrote:

my examiner didn’t write it in my logbook either

(S)he should have done so. Can’t you ask him/her to do it afterwards?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Dimme wrote:

least they enter “PBN” in your license

Well … to get that PBN on that piece of paper was something else!

EDLE, Netherlands

AeroPlus wrote:

Whatever the naming used, the SE and ME as noted with IR is only valid fo flying aircraft within the SEP(land) and MEP(land) class rating.

So to fly IFR with a SEP(sea), you’d have to pass a different profcheck on a SEP(sea) aircraft?

ELLX

lionel wrote:

So to fly IFR with a SEP(sea), you’d have to pass a different profcheck on a SEP(sea) aircraft?

I’m not sure about that. I believe that SE/IR and ME/IR are added to whatever type rating you have. E.g. if you have SE/IR and you get SET rating, you don’t have to pass some proficiency check for turbine IR. The same logic is if you have SE/IR for SEP(land) when you get SEP(sea) there’s nothing else you have to do.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message