Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Getting PPL and buying my first plane

Glad you enjoyed it. Wasn’t me who made it (else would have said ELECTRIC car) and someday we’ll find out who did and give him credit.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I copied this to the jokes section. It is really brilliant

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

ROFL! Perfect Aart. Printed, framed.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

You made my day Aart

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

We pilots are methodical people, so make sure you follow the procedure:

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Coda wrote:

The C152 is a slow heavy beast

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Mooney_Driver wrote:

The Virus should do nicely as well. Not sure if it has a openable window though.

No they stay sealed while in the air for quarantine purposes, could not resist

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

For photography high wing are nice. The Cessna 150 with it’s 2CV Windows work very well. I remember doing a lot of this at the time. I think also the 172 has these windows.

The Virus should do nicely as well. Not sure if it has a openable window though.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Woj wrote:

What kind of UL were you flying in CZ? Were you using them to fly around Europe?

I started my training in the Tecnam P2002JF (the certified version of the p2002 sierra UL so its technically a ‘normal’ light aircraft ), then I transitioned to C150/C152 (took my skills test in the 152). I liked to fly the 2002, it has light responsive controls and you had to really use the rudders to stay in coordinated flight. The C152 is a slow heavy beast by comparison.
The low wing of the Tecnam doesn’t make it a great aircraft for aerial photog. If I was going to buy my own a/c for this, I’d probably get a Zenith with removable side windows.

LKTB->EGBJ, United Kingdom

I suggest a search for e.g.
camera mounting
One previous thread is here.

The legality depends on various factors.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message