Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

CAA - application deadline post test

Is there a time limit from passing a test (eg IR) to submission please?

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

When I passed my IR exams with the Czech CAA last October I was told they are valid for 3 years.

Prague
Czech Republic

I was more thinking about submission of the actual paperwork to get the rating rather than time limits once exams have been taken.

Reason I ask is I need to get a new rating on a licence but the expiry for another comes up soon, and if the CAA delay then it will end up on the back of the licenceā€¦

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

My IR has been in the CAA since Aug 2018. A letter to the chief exec produced some results, but the communications are hampered by a mysterious 4-5 day delay between their reception desk getting the postal delivery, and the addressee receiving it. They are very well organised however: the delay seems to be symmetrical, with the same number of days in the opposite direction It will be really interesting what the date on it will be? 8/2018 or 4/2019? The bigger problem is that there seems to be nobody in FCL who is current on the regs covering, ahem, pilot licensing, so anything nonstandard just gets stuck somewhere and stays there. They are operating according to procedures from 10 years ago which have long ago moved on.

When I passed my IR exams with the Czech CAA last October I was told they are valid for 3 years.

I thought the EASA limit was 2 years, so you are lucky

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message