Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

IR Test Route Help

Congrats for the IR ticket and sorry to hear for your mount !

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Congrats! I’ll get my IR exam on Thursday, hope that it will finish with this result.

LFMD, France

Congrats, sorry ro hear about the plane.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Congratulations Zuutroy.
I can imagine it’s a massive relief to be ‘Done’.
I’m still wrestling with the exams, but hope to be in your shoes by the spring.
Well done, and sorry to hear about your misshap.

United Kingdom

What a bugger. Sorry to hear. I know how it feels – really horrible.

Yes definitely rent some “can” can do simple IFR flights. Pop over to the IOM

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Oh yea I wouldn’t launch on my first IFR after such a long lay off; I would at least do another lesson or bring a current IR pilot. Maybe your idea is better though.

ILS was at EIME which is a military airport next-door to Weston who are very accommodating, but have been to Waterford on some lessons to build up the hours, as my school didn’t have a single engine certified sim.

EIMH, Ireland

Congrats on the IR. Sorry for the mishap.

Where did you go for the ILS? Waterford? Quite a long ways…

I guess with low icing levels my first IFR flight in anger will be next spring.

Advice is not to do that. You will lose all your currencly and confidence. Rent a plane and do a little IFR cross-country very soon. Even in November, there are days when you can be on top and not have any problems with ice…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 18 Oct 20:47
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I’m a bit reticent to post it, but as I’m dealing with it by the book and not trying to hide anything I guess its fine. Basically the same thing that happened to you after 1hr of ownership. Encounter with a rabbit hole resulting in minor turf impact for the prop, but enough to make me not want to fly regularly over the Irish Sea and the Channel without following Lycoming’s guidelines.

EIMH, Ireland

Well done!

Now, the skies are open for you (in ATC co-operation terms; the wx doesn’t care unless you can get above it ) and you will never look back.

What’s up with your plane?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Weather and scheduling problems meant I only got around to doing the flying portion today, and thankfully I passed! Small mistake in the unusual attitudes bit and my ILS was far from great as I fixated on the needles and flew it 10-15 kts too fast, but good enough to get the job done. Funny to think I could launch off into the Eurocontrol system next week without having learned everything I have here, and from watching real-life Euro IFR YouTube videos. I’d certainly get a shock! Great to have it done, but my plane is currently in the sick house so I guess with low icing levels my first IFR flight in anger will be next spring.

EIMH, Ireland
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message