Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Using your own aircraft for training

IME whether you can use your own aitcraft for IR training, even the hours in an ATO is country specific. When I first did the MEIR, I did all the practical in my own aircraft, although when it came to the CBIR I had already sold my plane and did it in ATO aircraft. I also know several people who did the CBIR in their own aircraft.
There are also several clubs in which you can do most of the hours towards your CBIR either in the club aircraft or in your own.

France

For others future reference: I contacted many ATOs. First know that the ATO has to be approved for the precise training you need (IR is different from CB IR, Piper Navajo is different from DA42, etc.) and aircraft. Even once you find the ATO that meets your needs (CB IR ME and DA42 in my case) many will say no or not reply. At the end of the day its just their willingness and how busy they are I guess.

That said I have found two that are willing. One in Innsbruck and one in Graz. I imagine they are more interested if you will be doing a larger number of hours instead of the minimum. I have not started my training yet but I will shortly.

So it is possible. Just takes a lot of asking around.

Norway

@sedatedokc Mind if I ask which ones they are? Also as pm if you prefer :)

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

I like the mountains and I will need to train for a month so I was primarily looking for a place around the alps. In addition I will get to train in the challenging mountain terrain which I need.

ATOs that were willing: Fly West in Innsbruck. Absolute pilots in Graz, Austria. Avialpes in Annecy, France.

ATOs that were not: Aviation Flight Center in Wiener Neustadt. In addition I contacted 5-10 other ATOs in Switzerland, Scandinavia, and other ATOs in Austria who either did not reply or said no.

Norway
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message