Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What is your training / total hours ratio?

About 150h dual with 920h TT
I train myself (IFR approaches, VFR traffic patterns) about 4h each month among about 180h a year

160 of 660 making…24.2%

The sky is the limit
EGKB, United Kingdom

It’s amazing how few people have the training time column in their logbooks. Or perhaps after you are on your 3rd or 4th one, it doesn’t get carried over.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I always carry it over because I need to state it when applying for licence renewal. However, it’s practically at same number since my ME/IR training 6 years ago.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir – doesn’t your annual IR proficiency check count as training?

MyFlightbook says I have 98h TT of which 44h are PIC, which leaves me with 54 for training.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

tmo wrote:

Emir – doesn’t your annual IR proficiency check count as training?

That’s why I wrote “practically” – it’s some 8 hours in 6 years plus some 4 hours for SEP check every 2 years. Legally, I’m PIC even during these checks, so legally it’s not training,

Last Edited by Emir at 03 Mar 13:45
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

It’s very interesting to me because although I always knew that recurrent training is required to remain proficient (& legal), I didn’t realize that it would amount from 20-25% of my flight time (not talking formal training, more about all these flights that I take just to be confortable flying real trips with family & friends, or new learning experiences).

FWIW, our CAA is of the opinion that for any flight with a FI, the FI gets to log PIC. At least that is what the FIs tell us, but most of them don’t care for hours anyway, so I wouldn’t expect them to misstate anything. So I’m bound to get at least 1h of training every year (club requires a yearly proficiency check).

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message