Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Introductory Seminars to EASA Maintenance Regulations

Hello fellow aviators,

Owners of GA aircraft can perform maintenance and manage their airworthiness based on their PPL or LAPL license. However, neither performing maintenance nor managing airworthiness is part of the syllabus in PPL / LAPL training. To read the regulations and assess their impact is usually a steep learning curve.

To offer guidance and assistance towards aircraft ownership and self-managed ownership, my wife and I have established Aufwind GmbH. In the past few months we have developed an online seminar for the introduction to EASA maintenance regulations for private owners, syndicates, aero clubs and club flight schools. Together with AOPA Germany we are providing these seminars on a regular basis in German language. Now we have translated the material and set up an online seminar in English language as well.

The topics of the seminar are:

• Introduction into the system of EU aviation regulations.
  • Types of maintenance, repairs and changes to aircraft.
  • Overview over EASA maintenance organisations (CAO, CAMO, Part145, etc.) and maintenance licenses.
  • Aircraft classification and maintenance regimes.
  • Documentation of maintenance, repairs and changes.
  • Use of parts and materials
  • Maintenance manuals and documentation – where to get the data?
  • Aircraft Maintenance Programs (AMP)
  • Discussion of practical examples
  • Participation Options at EASA regulations

There is no previous knowledge necessary to attend the seminar.

You can register for the seminar on our page: https://aufwind.aero/eu-maintenance/

Following this link you can register for the German Seminar with AOPA Germany: https://aopa.de/event/online-seminar-einfuehrung-in-europaeische-flugzeugwartung-fuer-piloten-und-eigner-am-05-12-2020/

Thank you for your attention!

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

I’ll sign up! I did one seminar with MH and I recommend it (not affiliated in any way btw!).

always learning
LO__, Austria

Sounds interesting, will sign up too.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I also highly recommend mh’s program. The German version was very well structured and informative, so I’d expect the English version to be of the same high quality.
I have no business affiliation with MH, I merely took part in an online seminar a few weeks ago.

EDXN, ETMN, Germany

Looks interesting indeed. Nothing specifically mentioned about part-M light. I trust that is covered?

Last Edited by huv at 29 Oct 17:32
huv
EKRK, Denmark

Yes, it’s all about Part ML

always learning
LO__, Austria

How do you write dates in German? I tried with dots and dashes, nothing seems to work on the registration form- i.e 19.05.1972 and 19-05-1972 both give me “Das Datumsformat ist ungültig.”

EETU, Estonia

ivark wrote:

How do you write dates in German? I tried with dots and dashes, nothing seems to work on the registration form- i.e 19.05.1972 and 19-05-1972 both give me “Das Datumsformat ist ungültig.”

Have you tried 1972-05-19? That is the ISO standard format and according to Wikipedia, it is the official format used in Germany.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

It might be ISO, but truth me, it is not found anywhere official ;-)
The ones ivark mentioned are the usual and also officially used defaults.
Malte also uses the dotted one on his website…

There is the third standard with written out month, but that is usually done by pull down.

Just contact Malte directly ? Too easy, I know. :-)

Last Edited by ch.ess at 30 Oct 08:04
EDM_, Germany

ch.ess wrote:

It might be ISO, but truth me, it is not found anywhere official ;-)

I just registered myself and the ISO format was accepted.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message